Are you munching on having some crispy and crunchy delights meal? Then try out some South Indian dishes like Sambar, Dosa & Nariyal chutney. You will experience a brilliant blend of South Indian flavors. To make them, hereby sharing a simple and easy-to-make recipe for south Indian cuisine. If you find difficulty in finding the ingredients in Canada for sambar, dosa, or chutney mentioned below then you can buy them online from Buddy Basket. It is a popular south asian grocery in Canada.
So, let’s start with all the ingredients needed for making Sambar, Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney.
Ingredients for Sambar, Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney
Below is mention ingredients required for Sambar , Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney making :
Prep & Cooking: 45 minutes
- 1 cup Toor dal/Arhar (split pigeon peas)
- 1 tablespoon(tbsp) Tamarind piece soaked (15-20 minutes) / Lemon juice
- 10 to 12 leaves Fresh curry leaves
- 3/4 teaspoons (tsp) Black Mustard seeds (kali sarso)
- 2 tbsp Sambar powder (quantity can be increased according to taste)
- ¼ tsp Hing
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 5 to 6 beans chopped
- ½ cup chopped pumpkin
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 7 to 8 Drumsticks ( fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup Coriander chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 ½ tsp Salt ( add according to your taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp Lal Mrich ( according to taste)
Coconut Chutney/ Nariyal Chutney
Prep & Cooking: 15 minutes
- ½ cup grated coconut (nariyal)
- 1 to 2 chopped green chilies
- 15 to 20 curry leaves
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal/ urad dal (roasted bengal gram)
- ½ inch chopped ginger
- 2 tsp oil or ghee (coconut oil or sunflower oil)
- salt as per your taste
- 7-8 pieces of ground nuts
- ¼ cup water or add as needed
For batter: Preparation takes 20 minutes
- 3 cup sona masuri rice
- ½ tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
- water (for soaking)
- 1 cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp toor dal
- 2 tbsp chana dal
For aloo bhaji : Preparation takes 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 dried red chilli
- few curry leaves
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 2 chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 potato (boiled & mashed)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
All of the above ingredients are a must for making this south indian cuisine. If you’re having difficulty finding all of the ingredients together at the groceries store. Then you can go for an online grocery delivery option.
Instructions for preparation for Sambar, Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney
Below is mention preparation instructions for Sambar , Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney :
Method of preparation for Sambar
- Add rinsed toor dal with 3 cups of water. Then add ½ tsp turmeric and 1 tsp salt. Pressure cook it until 5 whistles blow at the medium-high flame, after that cook dal on medium-low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Once the dal is cooked open a lid and start mashing it.Keep aside.
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat it on medium flame. Add all the chopped veggies-carrot, tomato, beans, drumstick, pumpkin, and onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes. After that add 3 cups of water and stir it well. Cover with lid for about 2 minutes to get soggy mixture.
- After that add 2 tbsp sambar powder stir, then add 3-4 tbsp of soaked tamarind juice or lemon juice.
- Add the cooked dal into the mixture and stir all together on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- For tadka (tempering), take a small tempering pan- heat ghee. After that add 1tsp mustard seeds, 7-8 curry leaves, and pinch of hing. Stir it for a few seconds.
- Pour the tadka into the sambar while it is steaming on medium flame.
- After 10 minutes add chopped coriander for garnishing. Your hot sambar is now ready to be served.
Method of preparation for Coconut Chutney
- Start by taking a frying pan and adding 2 tsp oil to it. Then add 15-20 curry leaves. stir it for a few seconds until curry leaves are crisp. Keep this mixture aside to get it cool down.
- Now take a chutney grinder and add 1/2 cup of grated coconut, 1/4 cup roasted chana dal or urad dal, ground nuts 5-6 pieces, ½ inch chopped ginger, green chilies 1 or 2, and salt(according to taste) and the curry leaves oil mixture. Then Add ¼ cup of water and grind it well until you see a smooth chutney. Take a note to add less amount of water for a thicker consistency of the chutney.
- Serve the Hotel Style Coconut Chutney with plain dosa, idli, puttupodi, uttapam, and many more south indian dishes.
Note : Chutney will keep longer in a fridge for a few hours than it would in a hotter or warmer environment.
Method of preparation for Masala Dosa
For Dosa batter:
- Take a big bowl and add 3 cups of sona masuri rice, 1/2 tsp methi,1 cup of urad dal, 2 tbsp of toor dal, and chana dal. Rinse it well in water and soak for about 4 hours.
- After 4 hours drain all water and transfer it to the grinder or mixi. Add water as per the batter requirement and blend it well into a smooth paste.
- Keep aside for fermentation for about 8 hours in a warm place. You will see the batter will double its volume before. In Canada, the climate is cold so you can keep it in the oven.
- Once the formation process time is over, mix the batter gently. Then put a 1 tsp cup of salt into it and mix it well until combined.
- Masala dosa batter is ready to roast in a pan.
For Aloo Bhaji:
- First, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a big kadai and add 1 tsp mustard seeds till it splutters. After that add 1 tsp each of urad, chana, and red chilli, along with a few curry leaves and a pinch of hing. Stir it well.
- Now add grated ginger, 2 chilies, and onion to it. Saute well.
- After that sprinkle ¼ tsp turmeric and 1 tsp salt.Stir-fry well.
- Add 3 mashed potatoes and mix well with the spices. Add a little water to it and stir well for 1 minute.
- Now turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp of lemon juice & coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Aloo bhaji for masala dosa is ready. keep aside.
For Masala Dosa Roasting :
- Add a ladleful of batter to a hot Tawa to start.
- For making crispy dosa spread as thinly as you can.
- Then spread 1 tsp of butter/oil/ghee evenly around the dosa.
- Add 2 tbsp of the prepared aloo masala to the center.
- Keep roasting the dosa until it becomes crispy and golden.
- After that roll the dosa after scraping the sides.
- Finally, the masala dosa dish is prepared and can be served with sambar and coconut chutney.
Buddy Basket is a popular grocery store delivery that allows you to get your favorite Indian products at home. They are offering delivery everywhere in Canada like Brampton, Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario, Hamilton etc. We have more than 1000+ products like Sooji, Sambar powder, Easy idli mix, dosa mix etc. that will be happily delivered to your door !
The Raksha Bandhan festival is around the corner !!! Are you looking for ready to eat sweets in Canada? And you might be looking for amazing packs for gifting. The Rakhi celebration is the ideal time to express your sincere love and affection for your siblings and to recall your favorite childhood memories. We at Buddy Basket have lots of variety of products that can help in creating your desired hampers and packs with frozen sweets, ready to eat sweets, cookies, namkeens, etc. Also, we have beautiful Rakhis sets available on our website like Sneh Bandhan Rakhi, Vinayak Rakhi, Chandan Rakhi, Designer Rakhi & Kundan Diamond Rakhi at very affordable prices. Let’s explore all the amazing products which you can add to your cart :
Traditional Indian desserts include laddu. The sweet can be made with grain and legume flours and is frequently made with nuts or dried fruit. It’s a favorite treat for holidays and special occasions like Raksha Bandhan. It is the most well-liked and sweetest. At our store, you will get the best variety of ladoos which are made from pure desi ghee DAILY TREAT – Boondi Ladoo & Motichoor Ladoo(Ghee).
Burfi is a mouthwatering dessert that comes in a variety of tastes, including coconut, dry fruit, chocolate, and more. Fudge made of milk, sugar, and ghee is called barfi. At our store, you will get the best variety of Burfis which are made from pure desi ghee like DAILY TREAT – Kaju Katri, Besan Barfi, Dodha Burfi, Milk Cake, Shahi kalakand, etc. Mysore pak is also a popular burfi of the south which tastes so tempting that it can melt in your mouth with a single bite. You can easily buy this popular south indian sweets online especially at our Indian store.
To celebrate and remember the occasion with the greatest Indian sweets Peda is one of the most popular among all sweets. It is a full-flavored and delicious mithai that is usually served during Indian holidays like Raksha Bandhan. Pedas are flavored semi-soft balls made all across India in a variety of tastes. The key components of Peda are sugar, khoya, pistachio nuts, saffron, and cardamom seeds. At our store, you will get the best variety of Peda which are made from pure desi ghee like DAILY TREAT – Malai Penda & Kesar Penda, etc.
If your brother enjoys trying new sorts of sweets, choosing our DAILY TREAT- Balu Shahi is the greatest treat for your Raksha Bandhan celebration. Your relationship would be enhanced by the tenderness of Balu shahi. A soft doughnut made mostly of maida called a balu shahi is fried in ghee and then dipped in sugar syrup.
You can create your desired gift hampers with us, ask how? Because we have various products to make your gift hamper like Mr. Puff Masala Khari Oat Meal Cookies, Fruit Biscuit, Elite Dates & Cashew Cake, Pulse Candies, Nankhatai, Nuttoz Roasted Chana Nimbu Pudina, Jeera Salty Cookies, etc. Buddy Basket is a great online store that delivers in all parts of Canada- indian sweets toronto, indian sweets mississauga & Indian sweets markham.
Our Rakhi Collection : https://buddybasket.ca/product-category/rakhi/
MAKE YOUR RAKSHA BANDHAN FESTIVAL JOYFUL AND CHEERFUL with Buddy Basket’s online grocery store !!!
Fresh fruits are a mixture of multiple vitamins. Including them in your diet will fill your tummy and satisfy your sweet cravings. Each variety of fruit offers a special combination of nutrients and health advantages. So, the trick is to eat fruits of varied colors, as each color offers a unique collection of nutritious ingredients. Also, you can take Fruits in the form of fruit snacks for a healthy diet like waffles, fruit custards, fruit cream, pancakes, cakes, muffins, ice cream, smoothies, etc. In Canada, there are many online fresh fruit delivery stores available. Buddy Basket is one of the popular online Indian grocery stores that offer the best services of fruit delivery in Canada at affordable prices.
7 fresh fruits with amazing health benefits :
1. Apples – Lower High Cholesterol Levels
Apples are nutrient-dense fruits best for health all the time. For the maximum health benefits, eat to reduce pimples and glowing skin. Also, apple pectin contributes to gut health maintenance. Regular apple consumption and a decreased risk of diabetes, many cancers, and cardiovascular disease. Quercetin, a flavonoid that may have anti-cancer properties, is also found in apples. The following nutrients can be found in a medium apple:
- 95 calories
- 25.13 g of carbohydrate
- 4.4 g of fiber
- 195 mg of potassium
- 11 mg calcium
- 8.4 mg vitamin C
2. Oranges- Tangerines support a healthy metabolism
Oranges are a delicious, spherical citrus fruit loaded with nutrients. Also, this fruit is rich in pectin, a fiber that helps prevent colon cancer by adhering to and eliminating substances that can cause it in the colon. To add more flavor to a salad, yogurt, or cereal topping, people can use grated orange peel. The following nutrients can be found in a 141 g orange as well:
- 65 calories
- 16.27 g carbohydrate
- 3.4 g of fiber
- 61 mg of calcium
- 14 mg of magnesium
- 238 mg of potassium
- 63.5 mg of vitamin C
3. Strawberries- Part of Anti-Cancer Diet
In Canada you will find Strawberries Ontario EA, they are juicy red fruits with high water content. Per serving, the seeds offer a significant amount of dietary fiber. They contain flavonoids called anthocyanins, which may improve heart health. This anti-inflammatory substance is natural. In addition, strawberries have the vitamins B-6, A, & K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folate. The following nutrients are contained in a serving of three big strawberries:
- 17 calories
- 4.15 g carbohydrate
- 1.1 g of fiber
- 9 mg of calcium
- 7 mg of magnesium
- 83 mg of potassium
- 31.8 mg of vitamin C
4. Avocado- alligator pears as Healthy fats
Because they are so healthy, avocados are often referred to as a superfood. Oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that lowers cholesterol levels, is abundant in avocados. This fruit is high in potassium, the same as bananas. They also contain lutein, an antioxidant crucial for glowing skin and healthy eyes. They also include folate, vitamin A, and beta-carotene. Half avocado includes the following nutrients:
- 161 calories
- 2.01 g protein
- 8.57 g carbohydrate
- 6.7 g fiber
- 12 mg calcium
- 29 mg magnesium
- 487 mg potassium
- 10.1 mg vitamin C
5. Blueberries- Support Healthy Weight Loss
Blueberries and strawberries both contain the potent antioxidant anthocyanin. This fruit offers protection against health conditions such as cancer, heart disease, and stroke. Pterostilbene, another substance found in Blueberries EA, may aid in preventing the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
Half a cup of blueberries delivers the following nutrients:
- 42 calories
- 10.72 g carbohydrate
- 1.8 g fiber
- 4 mg calcium
- 57 mg potassium
- 7.2 mg vitamin C
6. Bananas -Help Curb Your Appetite
Enjoy eating a banana in various forms: smoothies, banana bread, pancakes, and use it as a natural sweetener in baking. The high potassium content of bananas is widely known for helping the body regulate blood pressure and heart rate. Moreover, assistance with regular bowel motions and gastrointestinal problems including colitis and ulcers. Also, a medium banana also has the following vitamins and minerals:
- 1.29 g protein
- 6 mg calcium
- 105 calories
- 26.95 g carbohydrate
- 3.1 g fiber
- 32 mg magnesium
- 10.3 mg vitamin C
7. Pineapple-Disease-fighting antioxidants
Pineapple is an exotic fruit that helps in reducing infections and promotes healthy tissue growth. Also, it contains an active compound called bromelain, which many people take as a dietary supplement because of its potential health benefits. People can enjoy fresh pineapple as fruit salads, make a tropical salsa, pineapple sheera & raita, etc. Try adding frozen pineapple to smoothies. Moreover, a medium slice of pineapple includes the following nutrients:
- 42 calories
- 11.02 g carbohydrate
- 1.2 g fiber
- 92 mg potassium
- 40.2 mg of vitamin C
- 11 mg calcium
All these fresh fruits are available at Buddy Basket store groceries. Also, they are offering fruit delivery all over Canada at a very reasonable price. Fruits are a natural source of energy -Order Now and Stay Healthy !!!
Looking for Powdered Spices in Canada for preparing special recipes for Eid-ul-Adha? Then your one-stop shop is here. Buddy Basket is the perfect online grocery delivery store. The preparation of special recipes for Bakra Eid or Eid-ul-Adha is a significant part of our culture and faith. For the three days of Eid, everyone prepares delectable traditional Eid meals. All Muslims celebrate Eid ul Adha as a special day due to Sunat-e-Ebrahimi Qurbani.
There are so many BBQ dishes one can enjoy preparing nowadays like biryani, korma, chapli kebab, baked ribs, fried chops, mutton karahi, etc. You can now easily make grocery online order while sitting at your home. Buy Spices Online will save your festive time. Sharing an amazing recipe of all-time favorite and without which EID is incomplete “Biryani “.
Gosht Dum Biryani Recipe Ingredients including a measure of Powdered Spices
- 1kg bone-in cut into 1-2 inch pieces Mutton (freshly slaughtered if possible)
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 6 Onions medium-sized sliced
- 6 tbsp oil
- 6 medium-sized peeled and halved Potatoes
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 5-inch piece Ginger
- 50g chopped Garlic, 8 medium-sized cloves for ground into a garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Biryani masala
- 10 pods of green cardamom
- ½ cup milk
- Saffron, 8 strands
- Atta flour, ½ cup
If you find difficulty in buying all the ingredients for dum biryani then you can buy groceries online easily.
Instructions for making Dum Biryani
- Put 6 tbsp oil in a deep pan or kadai to completely cover the onions. Onions should be fried until crisp and browned. Drain then set apart.
- Yogurt, garlic and ginger paste, 2 tablespoons biryani masala, 1 tablespoon red chilli powder, a portion of the fried onions, and salt to taste should all be combined with the mutton. For one hour, marinate.
- In heated milk, soak the saffron. Place aside.
- Rice should be rinsed before a 30-minute soak in cold water. Drain then set apart.
- Boil potatoes with 2 tablespoons ghee, 1 tablespoon turmeric, and 1 tablespoon red chilli powder in water. Drain then set apart.
- In a thick pan or a pressure cooker, melt 2 tablespoons of ghee. Add the marinated mutton, and then cook it for 5 minutes on high heat. Add 1 cup of water, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes at medium heat while stirring occasionally. Add potatoes to the mutton and boil for a while on low heat to thicken the gravy. If you have a dum, transfer to it; if not, use your broadest pot.
- Parboil rice for 10 minutes by adding five cups of water, cardamom and salt to taste until the mixture is approximately three-quarters done.
- Put a layer of strained rice on top of the mutton and potatoes. Include the remaining fried onions. Put 2 tablespoons of butter on the rice. Pour saffron milk on top of the mixture.
- Wrap the pan or dum. (Optional) Prepare bread dough in advance to use as a lid sealant to enhance flavor.
- Enjoy your dish with a raita made of cucumber and onions!
To celebrate Bakra Eid with full enjoyment prepare delicious and appetizing indian snacks. For preparing dishes if you require groceries our Indian online grocery store Buddy basket is offering Powdered Spices and Masalas like kashmiri lal mirch, tamarind paste, garam masala, chicken masala, mutton masala, etc at reasonable prices. Make your Eid more special by shopping for Family gift Baskets from our online store.
Are you a sweets lover and diabetic too? And also regrets never enjoying any sweet fully? Then it’s time to switch to natural sweeteners like Jaggery(Gur). Patients with diabetes frequently experience sweet cravings and try a variety of sweeteners.It is the greatest option to enjoy sweets guilt-free because it has countless advantages and contains no dangerous additives. Also, it is a standard ingredient in Indian traditional sweets because of its flavor and ayurvedic benefits. Moreover, it’s claimed to be rich in minerals including potassium, iron, and other elements. This sugar alternative is not only incredibly nutritive but also tasty.
After a meal, consuming jaggery helps digestion by triggering the body’s digestive enzymes. Your bowel movement will improve dramatically if you immediately consume jaggery and ghee after eating. If you are searching Jaggery Cubes online, then you can easily find it at Buddy Basket.
Learn Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam Recipe
A tasty and healthful dessert that you can indulge yourself in after a hearty dinner is the recipe for barnyard millet jaggery payasam. Powdered jaggery, crushed cardamom, boiled millet, and milk are all heated together to make the payasam. The ingredients used are very easy and quick to make as well. This is a perfect dessert for sweet lovers now you can eat it without regrets, tasty to please our taste buds.
Ingredients for healthy jaggery payasam recipe
- 1/2 cup Barnyard Millet, broken variety
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Palm Jaggery
- 3-4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
Preparation of Organic Jaggery sweet dish
- To start with making an appetizing sweet dish Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam Recipe, one first cooks the Barnyard millet in 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes with 5-6 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Till then take a saucepan and start heating milk on low flame. After 2 minutes add crushed elachi and jaggery sugar into the milk and keep boiling for 10 minutes.
- After that add cooked millet and mix well for 20 minutes to make thick and change into creamy Payasam.
- When you get a thick texture, turn off the flame.
- In a small skillet pan add 2 tbsp of ghee and when it heats add your favorite nuts to eat and toast them until they are brown at low flame.
- Refrigerate Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam for 2 hours at least to give it rich flavors.
- After that serve by dressing it with nuts.
100 grams of Palm Jaggery nutritional value contain:
- Fat-0.1 g
- Selenium-1.4 mcg
- Phosphorus-40.0 mg
- Energy-383 Kcal
- Saturated Fat-0g
To buy all the ingredients used in Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam in Canada, you can find the best Online Grocery store namely Buddy Basket. They are offering Aachi Barnyard Millet, Nanak Desi Ghee, Yogini Cardamom Powder, etc. There is a wide variety of brands for any sort of product. Even if you do Shop Jaggery Online you will find various brands like Yogini, 24 Mantra and Double Horse. Shop Now, Enjoy nutritional and divine desserts !!!
For Shopping guide of Jaggery visit our blog :