Celebrate the festival of Ganesha Chaturthi 2022 with the best Indian Recipes in Canada
To enjoy the festive season we need lots of sweets, pooja decoration items, where to shop from? In Canada, there are many Indian grocery store like Buddy Basket.
Ganesha Chaturthi 2022 is on August 31 to 9 September celebrated in both India, Canada, UK etc with sizable Hindu populations. Every Hindu worships Lord Ganesha because he protects you from all difficulties and ensures your success.The festival marks the birth of Lord Ganesha, Lord Shiva’s son, Ganesh Chaturthi is also recognized as Vinayaka Chaturthi or Ganeshotsav. Indian families carry Lord Ganesha idols home for 10 days as part of the festivities, and they worship them every day.
Visit our Online Indian Sweet Shop and choose a variety of products for doing pooja arrangements like 777 Pooja Divine Kit, Decorated Pooja Clay Thali, Pooja Coconut EA, frozen sweets, etc.
History of Ganesh Chaturthi Festival
There are numerous legends surrounding the birth of Lord Ganesha, who is the son of Devi Parvathi and Lord Shiva. According to Hinduism, Parvati formed Lord Ganesh from the dirt on her body. Parvathi once asked Lord Ganesh to serve as a guard while she was taking a bath to ensure that nobody else entered. Lord Shiva returned home, but Ganesha forbade him from entering. When Lord Shiva noticed Ganesha’s resentment, he became furious and chopped off his head. When Parvati emerged, she was indignant to see this and pleaded with Lord Shiva to grant Ganesh a new life in any circumstances. Many Devas were sent by Lord Shiva to fetch a child’s head, but they were only able to locate an elephant’s head. Lord Shiva placed the elephant’s head on top of Lord Ganesh’s body to fix the head as soon as possible.
Make your mouth-watering Chocolate Modaks this Ganesh Chaturthi
Both children and those who adore chocolate will enjoy chocolate modak. Chocolate chips are used in the recipe. However, you could use any reputable brand of baking or cooking chocolate.
Ingredients of Chocolate Modak :
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crust
- 1/4 Pistachios finely chopped
Step-by-Step Instructions for Chocolate Modak :
1) In a pan over medium-low heat, combine the milk, condensed milk, and chocolate chips.
2) As it melts, swirl often to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan. It must be totally melted, shining, and smooth.
3) Next, incorporate graham cracker crumbs.
4) Begin blending, then stir in the chopped pistachios.
5) Stir, and a dough ball-like consistency should develop. 6 stages are combined to create the modak mixture including adding, combining, and melting chocolate chips, milk, condensed milk, cracker crumbs, and pista.
6)Place it on a plate and let it cool enough to touch. Use ghee to grease the modak mould.
Keeping the mould nearby. Place the little piece from the bottom hole inside. Next, carefully unmold the mould by opening it.
7)For rest, repeat the process.
Best Sweet Dishes of Ganesh Chaturthi 2022 :
- Ukadiche Modak (Kozhukattai)
The traditional Modak served on the day of Ganesh Chaturthi is called Ukadiche Modak or Thengai Poornam Kozhukattai. It is a sweet rice dumpling filled with a sweet concoction of jaggery and grated coconut that is produced from steamed rice flour. Also, it is a steaming dumpling made of rice flour.
- Coconut Laddoo / Barfi
A delicious dessert to include on your Ganesh Chaturthi lunch menu is this coconut laddoo, which is made with desiccated coconut, condensed milk, and almonds. Simple to make an Indian confection with a distinctive fennel flavor is to mix nuts and coconut burfi or fudge.If you find it difficult to make sweets, you can order online Indian sweets toronto.
- Puran Poli
Puran Poli is a sweet dish that is traditionally prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi in several regions of India. An amalgam of lentils, jaggery, and all-purpose flour is called puran poli (maida). It is served warm with a large amount of ghee.
- Sheera / Sooji Halwa
Sheera is all you require if you actually love halwa. This recipe, which uses readily available kitchen staples like Rava, Ghee, and Milk, is excellent for sprinkling sweetness on your palate.
You can also Try some Savoury Dishes of Ganesh Chaturthi easily. Let’s discuss the list below.
Best Savoury Dishes of Ganesh Chaturthi 2022 :
- Rava Dhokla
A preferred Gujarati treat that is best served as an afternoon snack and is prepared from semolina. Both a pressure cooker and an instant pan can be used to prepare this recipe.
- Sabudana Khichdi
Sabudana Khichdi is a delicious option for breakfast or as a teatime snack. To make this recipe healthier and more nutrient-dense, it also calls for carrots and green peas.
- Masala Bhaat
Masala Bhaat is a tasty rice dish from Maharashtra that is cooked in a single pot with veggies and a little seasoning. Both a pressure cooker and an instant pan can be used to make this recipe.
- Sabudana Vada
Potato, peanuts, and sabudhana (sago) are combined to make crunchy fritters, a wonderful companion for tea.
How is Ganesh Chaturthi celebrated in Canada?
There is a large Indian population in cities like Toronto, London, New Jersey, etc., so many Indians purchase a Ganesh idol for their homes, participate in temple festivals, and perform aarti every day. Numerous Marathi organizations that operate in Toronto, Markham, Vancouver, Mississauga, and other Canadian cities pre-arrange the celebrations due to the country’s limited resources. They organize a gathering, build the Ganesha idol, do the Aarti, distribute the Prasad, and plan many religious and cultural events to make the day great.We at Buddy Basket (Indian grocery store in Canada ) ensure prompt Ganesh Chaturthi preparation products and indian sweets online delivery, even if it is a last-minute order.
Looking for an Online Indian Grocery store in Canada ?
Buddy Basket is the largest Indian grocery online store in Canada. We are ready to offer our customers the highest level of comfort and security. Also, you’ll adore the broad variety of food products Buddy Basket offers, that why its popular store to buy groceries online. So, here we are listing down favorites you should have in your Basket :
Atta and flours
You may find delicious flours at Buddy Basket that will add flavor to every meal you eat. You can make grocery online order from a wide range of Yogini Corn Flour 2lb, Elite Multigrain Atta, Robin Hood Flour All Purpose, etc. If you value your health, we strongly advise you to try our Deep Bajri Flour and Aachi Ragi Flour Roasted, which will both satiate your palate and keep you in good shape. Discover the world of flavor by visiting our Attas and flours!
Dals and Pulses
Our grocery store delivery is offering a wide variety of lentils in Canada. Pulses are an important part of a nutritional diet and are a staple diet in many households. You can shop for any type of lentils right from Yogini Brown Channa to Yogini Yellow Moong Split Dal as well as our in-house favorites such as Yogini Moth Beans, Global Choice Chick Peas, PTI Urad Whole and so much more.Also, with all Dals and Lentils you can serve refreshing Basmati rice, which includes healthy carbs that grow your energy.
Spices & Masalas
Indian Spices can make food finger licking. Also, all dishes in Indian Cuisine have a handful of spices that add flavors to the food. In Canada, you will get the best of brands in spices; Salt, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Ajwain Whole etc should always be kept handy. All spices support in strengthening the immune system.
Dry fruits and nuts
Healthy Snacking for a healthy mood. We understand you keep looking for tasty and healthy fruits and nuts in Canada. Also, we provide a wide choice of nuts and fruits so you can indulge guilt-free. Aachi Raisins, KFI Almond Natural, KFI Walnut Shelled, Aam Papad, and many more items that you require are some of our favorites that you can add to the cart.
Is it good to eat Jaggery or Sugar every day? Yes, Jaggery is advised to be consumed after meals daily. As it stops constipation and supports digestion by activating the digestive enzymes in our body. 24 Mantra Organic Jaggery Cubes, Double Horse Jaggery Powder, Double Horse Jaggery Ball, and many more items that you require are some of our favorites that you can add to the cart.
Snacks and Sweets
Come on over to the world of delicious treats that you require; once you become addicted to our selection of snacks and candies, there is no turning back. You only need to add the item to your cart in order to begin your exploration of the world of tasty & crispy snacks after it has been delivered to your home. Here are a few of our everyone’s favorites: Aachi Pani Puri Kit, Haldiram’s Bhakarwadi, Maniarrs Bhakhari Methi, Mr Puff Butter Khari, Nilamels Halwa etc. You can buy grocery online sitting at your comfort zone from Online Indian grocery store in Canada.
Whether you are looking for cheap groceries near me in Ontario, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, etc Buddy Basket has you covered! We have food products from the North of India and South of India. Also, you do not have to venture all the way to India to indulge in the wonderful grocery products.We also have a WhatsApp Ordering delivery system. Where you can send us your grocery Indian grocery list. Also, we will supply all of your essential food products right to your house. So there’s no need to rush to the closest Indian grocery store.
Celebrate Indian Independence Day in Canada with 5 Simple Tricolor Recipes
India is all set to celebrate its 75th anniversary of independence, and this day is all about flying kites, spending time with your loved ones, and being patriotic. Since Independence Day is a national holiday in India, delicious food is always served at celebrations. In Canada also, the Indian Independence Day is also celebrated with great enthusiasm. So, to make celebrations extra special, you can try these flavorful tricolor dishes on Indian Independence Day. Also, you can shop all the ingredients for a recipe from Buddy Basket. It’s a perfect online store & offers the Best grocery delivery vancouver.
Why is Independence Day celebrated on 15th august in India?
On August 15, 1947, India declared its freedom from 200 years of British rule and the country’s leaders received control of the situation. We are commemorating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav as India completed 75 years of independence. On August 15, 1947, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the country’s first prime minister, raised the Indian flag atop the Lahori Gate of the Red Fort in Delhi.
How was Indian independence celebrated in Canada last year?
The Indo-Canadian community celebrated India’s Independence Day with enthusiasm on the 74th Independence Day of India amid reduced Covid-19 restrictions, with the illumination of renowned Canadian monuments like the Niagara Falls and Toronto’s CN Tower in the tricolor and the raising of the flag at city halls throughout.
Also, the best wishes were sent on behalf of the government by Justin Trudeau, the prime minister of Canada. Who also noted that Canada and India “operate closely together for the benefit of people in both nations, notably as members of the G20 and through other global institutions.”
Nearly 500 cars took part in a Tiranga Yatra as the cavalcade decided to drive from the city of Surrey to Vancouver. Where participants gathered from all Indo-Canadian communities. Moreover, they assembled in front of the Indian consulate for the Drive-Thru India Day Parade. Also, the nation’s most well-known celebratory event was held in Mississauga in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
5 Simple Tri-color Recipes to Prepare for Independence Day
There are a number of recipes you can try this Indian Independence day. Also if you want you can shop Family gift Baskets to make day more special and brighter :
1. Tirangi Lassi:
- 2 tbsp Kesar syrup to get orange color
- 3 cups white color curd
- 2 tbsp Khus syrup to get green color
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
Method of preparation-
- Begin by whisking the curd. To the curd, add sugar and cardamom powder.
- To create the saffron colour of the flag, mix curd and Kesar syrup. After that separately, combine curd with Khus syrup to get the green colour.
- After that leave the curd alone; add nothing to it in order to achieve the white colour.
- So, now to get the tricolored form of your favorite beverage, pour the Khus lassi first, then the plain white lassi, and finally the Kesar lassi at the end.
- Now, finish with a pistachio garnish and serve cold.
2. Tricolour Salad :
For dressing :
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey/sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-2 chili pepper (sliced), sliced
For salad :
- 1 medium green papaya
- 1 large carrot (peeled), julienne
- 1-2 cucumbers, julienne
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp toasted peanuts
Method of preparation –
To get dressing ready:
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Making the papaya:
- Cut the green papaya’s ends off and peel the outer skin using a vegetable peeler. Also, cut the papaya in half to make green papaya shreds.
- After that combine the green papaya, carrots, cucumber, mint, and peanuts in a large bowl and toss the salad.
- Add the dressing that has been marinating and toss to evenly distribute it over the vegetables. Serve right away.
3. Tricolour Pasta:
- 200 gms of pasta
- 1 cup of sliced fresh broccoli
- diced 1 medium carrot
- sliced green onions, half a cup
- 14 cups of butter (cubed)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1-teaspoon dried basil
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- white wine, 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded
Method of preparation –
1. Bring salted water in a big pot to a boil. Then after cook the penne in the water for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. After that cook the broccoli, carrots, and onions in butter for 3 minutes in a big skillet. Cook for two minutes while covered.
3. Separate pasta and water by draining the pasta and add it to the skillet, grate some cheese on top.
4. Tricolour Pizza:
- 1 pizza base (12″ inch)
- Pizza sauce, 50 g
- mozzarella cheese, 110 g
- Black olive, 5 gms.
- Green capsicum, 60 gram
- Carrots, 60 gram
- Olive oil, 5g
Method of preparation –
- Top the pizza with mayonnaise and tomato sauce.
- After that top it with more mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce.
- Spread the base with roasted veggies, such as carrots, black olives, and green capsicum.
- After that cook for four to five minutes over a wood fire.
- Remove it and serve your multicolored pizza hot when it turns a light golden color.
- 1 1/4 cups Maida
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter or oil
- Add few drops of vanilla essence
- Few drops of orange cake color
- Few drops of cake color in green
Method of preparation –
- Put maida, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl and sift.
- After that mix milk and sugar in another bowl. Then incorporate butter and curd. Mix thoroughly.
- After that mix the liquid and dry ingredients together.
- Add vanilla extract. Three sections would be ideal.
- Mix some orange food coloring with some green food coloring in another portion, leaving the third portion white.
- After that grease a baking pan with butter. Alternatively, pouring is the batter.
- It needs 20 to 30 minutes to bake to perfection in a preheated oven set to 180 degrees
Indian Independence Day should always be celebrated with great enthusiasm. So, if you are looking for Indian sweets mississauga then , Buddy Basket is the best stop to buy all types of Indian grocery, snacks, sweets etc. Also, you can shop for Hamper Basket for loved ones !!!