Grocery Products To Give As Gifts This Christmas
A Christmas celebration without cake is not happening. Christmas cakes serve as a Christmas celebration custom, notably the act of sharing the cake with family or friends. Every year on Christmas people keeps looking for Family Gift Baskets. The best and always loved hampers are cakes and cookies- A Temptation of Joy for everyone along with Cocktails.
Let’s explore Christmas and New Year Elite Cake which fulfillment of Christmas festivals.
1. Plum Cake
Why make a plum cake? Its origins can be traced back to the Christmas season, and preparation for this dessert starts at least a month before the festival. All Dry fruits like walnuts are soaked in alcohol(rum) before being used in making the cake. The soaked ingredients are then added to the blend after the cake has been baked. This delicacy traditionally has a deep and delectable scent. The flavor of Plum Cake is sometimes compared to cinnamon. Also, you can get Plum cakes without alcohol.
2. Fruit Cake
Fruit Cake is a traditional cake recipe for Christmas that combines fruits, mashed bananas, and nuts. All-purpose flour (maida), mixed fruits, a bit of salt, citrus essence, eggs, vinegar, baking powder, baking soda, powdered sugar, powdered cinnamon, and melted butter are required for the recipe.
3. Raisin Cake
Rum-flavored Raisin Cake that’s moist and flavorful. The cake is bursting with flavor and has the ideal texture. The cake is really moist and flavorful. The aroma of rum throughout the entire cake. If you don’t want to use rum in your cake, soak it in red wine or orange juice instead.
4. Carrot Cake
You don’t like carrots in your salad or vegetables! This Christmas season, try making this carrot cake. Now fall in love with this delectable veggie cake which is usually the part of the salad that is now seen in cake making. People adore this very moist carrot cake, which is occasionally garnished with cream cheese icing and pecans/nuts.
Also, there is a choice of making Plum cake at home by buying ingredients from the Buddy Basket store in Canada. So now in the coming paragraph let’s explore the recipe now.
Christmas special cake Recipe: Plum cake with Rum
Let’s see the quick and easy-to-make Christmas special cake recipe :
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings you will get: 8 Slice
Ingredients for making Plum Cake –
- 250 ml Dark rum or 200 ml apple juice for a non-alcoholic version
- 250 grams mince dried fruits like cashews nuts, almonds, raisins, sultanas, prunes, walnuts, etc
- 50 grams Chopped candied orange peel substituted with the zest of 1 orange
- 160 grams All-purpose flour (maida)/ For the healthy cake you can use wheat as well
- 15 grams of Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 ½ tablespoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg freshly grated
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 150 grams of Dark brown sugar
- 175 grams of Butter at room temperature
- ½ tablespoon Almond extract (optional)
- 4 Eggs or Condensed Milk (for eggless cake)
Preparation method for the Christmas cake –
- Take a saucepan and add little rum/ wine/ brandy or apple juice. Start boiling it at lower heat by adding fruits, orange peel, and nuts into it. Cook for 10 minutes longer.
- After that switch, if the flame and keep aside for 1-2 hours and refrigerate it for about 24 hours.
- As you are ready for baking the plum cake, before starting preheat the oven to about 160 °C / 320°F. Line an 8-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper, assuring the edges are higher than the cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together all these ingredients- flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg.
- Whisk in the dark brown sugar, butter, almond extract (if using), and eggs until well blended. Fold in the soaking dried fruits and nuts with a spatula. If the ribbons are precisely formed, the batter is perfect.
- Pour the batter into the buttered cake pan and bake for nearly 90 minutes.
- Around the 80-minute point, begin checking for doneness. Because it bakes long and slow, this cake can take up to 2 hours in some ovens.
- After 80 minutes, use your best judgment and check in 10-15 minute intervals.
- Make sure to let the cake cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then remove it from the tin or by releasing the sides of the springform tin and allowing it to cool completely.
Here is your Christmas cake ready to serve. Almond Extract can provide a lovely flavor but isn’t required, so you can leave it out. This cake can be refrigerated for weeks or frozen for up to 6 months. You can get ready-made ingredients for the cake at Buddy Basket. So, why wait for Christmas or New Year?
From our online grocery store. That is 24/7 available to place orders and delivery within 48 hours.