Tricolor Rava Dhokla – 74th Republic Day Recipes
India celebrates Republic Day on 26 January of each year. The nation will celebrate its 74th republic day on Thursday 2023.
The historical significance of 26 January national holiday that honors the creation and adoption of the Indian Constitution in 1950 . People living in Canada celebrate the day with great enthusiasm and patriotism. To enjoy this great day there are several recipes you can make like Briyani, lassi, and cake. In this blog, I am going to share two amazing and easy recipes that are easy to make and loved by all tri-color Rava Dhokla and Biryani Recipes.
For preparation of both the recipes you can shop with us at Buddy Basket, grocery stores online in Canada.
Tri colour Dhokla Recipe for Indian republic day
- 1.5 cups of rava or suji semolina.
- 3/4 cup curd.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Each batter needs 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Half a cup of carrot puree.
- 1/2 cup of pureed coriander.
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai).
- Zeera (cumin) Seeds, 1/2 teaspoon.
- A few curries leaves.
- Slit green chilies
- Coconut, shredded: 1/2 teaspoon.
1. Prepare an idli or dhokla-like batter by combining semolina, curd, and salt with the necessary amount of water. Let the semolina soak for 15 minutes to fully puffed up.
2. Split the batter into three equally sized parts. One portion should be set aside for white. Combine the carrot puree for the orange color and the coriander puree for the shade of green in the other 2 batters.
3. To the green batter, add 1/4 tsp baking soda and stir just once or twice.
4. Spread greenish batter over the bottom of a pan after greasing it. This layer is steamed for five minutes over a medium flame in a prepared cooker with water.
5. Spread the white batter on top of the green batter after adding 1/4 teaspoon of soda. Cook it for a further 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add 1/4 tsp soda to the orange mixture and spread it over the white batter. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the batter isn’t sticky.
7. After the dhokla has completely cooled, cut it into the desired form.
8. To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a skillet and sputter the mustard and cumin seeds. Add green chilli and curry leaves. On top of the dhokla, pour the tadka. Add a little coconut as a garnish.
Layered Tricolor Biryani Recipe for republic day 2023
- Basmati Rice in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- 4 tbsp yogurt.
- Sliced one huge onion.
- Salt as desired.
- 8-10 cashew nuts.
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- cooked and medium-sized shredded carrots.
- Small florets of cauliflower were sorted out and cooked in 1/4-inch of water.
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- 1/2 cup of whisked yoghurt.
- 1/4 of blanched green peas
- 2 green chilies, chopped; 2 cups, chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Grated coconut, tbsp.
- Step 1: Warm up one tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Onion, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and cloves should be added. Sauté till pink onion appears. For a minute, gently stir in the rice. Mix together four cups of water and salt.
- Step 2:Cook the rice until done in step two. Divide the rice into three equal parts after draining. Cashew Nuts are fried till golden in one tablespoon of heated oil in a nonstick skillet. Add one serving of rice, carrots, and turmeric powder; stir. Place aside.
- Step 3: Saute the cauliflower for two minutes in a tablespoon of heated oil. Gently combine yogurt, garam masala powder, and the second part of rice. Place aside. Heat the remaining oil in a different nonstick pan. Green peas should be briefly sautéed.
- Step 4:Add the third portion of rice together with the green chilies and coriander. Stir thoroughly and reserve. To assemble, stack the turmeric rice on top of the yogurt rice, followed by the green coriander rice. Serve hot with grated coconut as a garnish.
Enjoying a mildly zingy recipe can be your Republic Day treat with more recipes like this stay tune with Buddy Basket (best online grocery delivery)
Happy Republic Day!