You can buy basundi mix online with BuddyBasket, a milk-based dessert made with only a few simple ingredients such as sugar and nuts. We have a variety of Indian desserts online available on our portal.
What is Basundi?
A cup of Basundi is certain to brighten your day from the first bite. Basundi is a rich and savory Indian dish made by boiling milk until it is reduced to half its original volume. Basundi mix allows you to cook it in the comfort of your own home. In just a few minutes, a packet of milk and some constant stirring will bring this sweetened condensed treat to life. It’s topped with fragrant Indian spices like cardamom and tree nuts, and the result is delicious. You can buy this delicious Basundi mix online from different brands GITS Basundi Mix and AACHI Basundi Mix.
Ingredients for Basundi
- Milk – When making basundi, always use whole milk (full-fat milk). If you can get your hands on some water buffalo milk, it’s the greatest because it’s heavy in fat and makes the basundi incredibly creamy.
- Saffron – Although optional, saffron is highly recommended. It gives this delicacy a wonderful color, flavor, and scent.
- Sugar – Taste and adjust the sugar as needed. Sugar alternatives can also be used.
- Ground Cardamom & Nutmeg – Add a pinch of nutmeg and green cardamom powder to the basundi.
- Others – Chironji (Chiroli) is a traditional addition to basundi because it adds a pleasant crunch and a nutty flavor.
All these ingredients are there when you buy basundi mix online.
How to Make Basundi Mix?
- Combine the contents of the lukewarm milk pack. Blend thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil while constantly stirring.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Chill before serving.
- Keep it away from moisture, insects, vermin, strong odors, sunshine, and dust in a clean, cool, dry environment.
You can buy basundi mix online at very economical prices.
Suggestions for Storage
When stored in an airtight container, basundi will last 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. You may serve it chilled or warm it up in a pan or microwave till it’s lovely and creamy.
It also freezes wonderfully. Allow it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3-4 months in the freezer. Before serving, allow it to soften overnight in the refrigerator.
- Is it possible to make this quick basundi dish with unsweetened condensed milk?
Yes, you can use unsweetened condensed milk in this recipe. After you’ve added the entire milk, taste it and add sugar to taste. When you buy indian ready meals mixes online, all ingredients are already present.
- I’m not sure what to serve with basundi?
Basundi can be served as a dessert or a sweet after a meal. A side of fluffy and soft poori is a terrific alternative if you plan to serve the basundi warm. It’s a fantastic holiday recipe that comes together quickly.
- Where can I get basundi mix online?
You can buy Basundi mix online at Buddybasket. It is the perfect Grocery online shopping store that offers great discounts and deals.
When hunger strikes and you don’t have time to cook or the energy to stand and prepare a meal, just add some boiling water and this upma is ready to eat. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have an instant Upma Mix that’s ready to eat. Rava upma mix is a must-have when traveling or camping during the summer.
Benefits of eating Instant Upma in breakfast
- Fiber-rich, dietary fiber-rich, and gluten-free breakfast.
- There are no preservatives in this product, and it is made entirely of Sooji.
- Iron, vitamins, minerals, and micro nutrients are fruitful.
- Beneficial to bone health, digestive health, and weight loss.
Ingredients present in Instant upma mix
- 2 and a half cups coarse Sooji or Rava
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 5-6 dried whole red chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 4 tablespoons Ground Nuts
- 4 tbsp desi ghee (or edible oils for a vegan option)
- Seasoning with salt to taste and other Powdered Spices like black pepper and red chilli
BuddyBasket is offering the best brands in Instant Upma mix like MTR Upma Mix , Gits Upma Mix, Elite Upma Mix, Priya Upma Mix, Aachi Upma Mix and MOM Ready to Eat Veggie Upma. Even if you want to make Upma at home , we have products like Red Chillies, Ground Nuts, Sooji, Rava and frozen vegetables. We have everything in stock !!!
Instructions to prepare Instant Upma on stove/gas
- Boil two cups of water for one cup of upma and stir in the instant upma mix.
- Cook for a minute after stirring. Serve right away.
- You can add ghee from above before serving to make it tastier. (optional)
Microwave Upma Preparation Instructions
1. In a microwave-safe dish (glass bowl covered with a lid), combine 1 cup instant upma mix and 2.5 cups water.
2. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. It varies from microwave to microwave(900 w is common. Upma is ready in an instant.
Nutrition amounts present in Instant upma mix
- Calories: 305kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
Making Instant Upma Mix: Tips and Variations
You can also make upma by combining this instant mix with water and adding vegetables.
- You can also roast Ground Nuts and Rava separately. Then add them to the tempering, or use pre-roasted rava from the store. It aids in time savings.
- This instant upma mix can be kept at room temperature for 2 weeks and in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
- You can easily store these in a ziplock bag and use them on a vacation/trip or while camping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is instant upma mix a healthy breakfast option?
If you want to lose weight quickly, upma should be your go-to breakfast. Instant upma mix includes fiber, vitamins, and nutritious fats. This product is low in cholesterol and calories, making it a nutritious meal that contributes to a well-balanced diet. Upma is made with Sooji/Rava and is high in iron.
Is Instant Upma Mix tasty?
The nutritional composition of these meals is a major source of concern. Unfortunately, most ready-to-eat meals are high in energy, saturated fats, and sodium, fiber full and micro-nutrients.
Related Blog Posts:
India is a country of diversity. Oranges, reds, yellows, and greens make up this beautiful country’s Colourful patchwork of cultures, beliefs, and influences; making the ever-expanding Indian cuisine some of the tastiest in the whole world. However, with all the busy lives we lead nowadays, Ready to Eat meals can come in handy! Brands like Priya Foods and Ashoka are some good examples to get both authentic Indian home food as well as awesome tasting snacks on the go!
Ready-to-eat meals can save you from the stress of trying to cook a meal, while still being able to put something on the table that’s healthy and nutritious.
You can also order ready to eat Indian meals online if you live in a hostel and are unhappy with the menu choices since you won’t need to prepare the food yourself. However, choosing one of them might prove difficult given the wide variety available.
Buddy Basket, an internationally popular desi grocery store, has an assortment of ready-to-eat dishes that you can get your hands on.
Baigan (eggplant) Bharta is a traditional mashed aubergine preparation. It is perfected by roasting eggplant to enhance its exotic flavour. Prepare your favourite meal easily and quickly with this box because all you have to do is pour boiling water over the ingredients and wait for approximately five minutes! All of the ingredients were prepared at our professional kitchens in an original way with 100% natural flavours, no artificial colours, and preservatives added. In just minutes you can bring warm spiced flavours from any corner of India directly home!
The Ready to Eat product aims to simplify the cooking process. Priya Vegetable Chettinad Quick N Hot is an easy selection for customers to try out their taste buds. One of its kind, this ready-to-eat curry brings in a medley of fresh vegetables, coconut gravy, and exotic spices together. This ready-to-eat curry tastes best when served hot with rice or rotis.
Priya Sambar Rice is the trademark South Indian dish, cooked from scratch with homemade sambar powder made of fresh vegetables, dal, and mixed with rice and blended spices, just serve to eat in a portion packaged for your convenience. It is made with premium quality ingredients and is 100% natural, with no preservatives added.
With all the conveniences mentioned above, you should try ready-to-eat meals from Buddy Basket. These products are easy to prepare and are available in a variety of delicious flavours. They are also safe to consume since they are produced in appropriate facilities and processed according to government procedures. If you would like to order these products, please visit Buddy Basket’s official website at https://buddybasket.ca