Health Benefits of Coconut.
Coconut, also known as the “tree of life,” is a tropical fruit that has been used for centuries for its numerous health and beauty benefits. From its nutritious meat to its hydrating water, coconut has become a popular ingredient in many dishes. In this blog, we’ll explore the Health & Nutritional Benefits of Coconut and how you can incorporate it into your daily routine. Shortly, you can also shop for a coconut from Buddy Basket
Nutritional Benefits of Coconut
Coconut is a rich source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Here are some of its nutritional benefits:
- Fiber: Coconut meat is rich in dietary fiber, which can equally help regulate digestion, prevent constipation, and promote a healthy gut.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Coconut contains a range of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, essential for maintaining good health.
- Healthy Fats: Coconut contains healthy fats called medium-chain triglycerides, or MCTs. MCTs are good for us because they give us energy and help our metabolism. Research shows that MCTs can help with weight loss and improve brain function.
Health Benefits of Coconut
Coconut has ample health benefits, which are as follows:
- Boosting Immunity: Coconut contains lauric acid, which has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Further, it can help boost the immune system and fight infections.
- Improving Heart Health: Coconut contains healthy fats that can help improve cholesterol levels. Moreover, it can also reduce inflammation, and prevent plaque buildup in the arteries, supporting heart health.
- Supporting Blood Sugar Control: Coconut contains MCTs that can help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Promoting Skin and Hair Health: Coconut oil is a popular ingredient in skincare and haircare products. Because Dabur Vatika hair oil can help moisturize the skin and hair, reduce inflammation, and protect against damage from UV rays.
How to Incorporate Coconut into Your Diet
You can add Coconut to your diet in different ways. It has many benefits.
- Water: Coconut Water is a refreshing and hydrating beverage. Obviously, it has low calories and is rich in electrolytes.
- Milk: The milk extracted from Coconut is a dairy-free alternative in smoothies, curries, and other dishes.
- Oil: Most people use Coconut oil for cooking and baking, as a healthy fat. Likewise, the oil is coupled with smoothies, or as a moisturizer for the skin and hair from Meera Coconut Oil.
- Flour: Coconut Flour is a gluten-free alternative to regular flour that can be used in baking. Instead of wheat or all-purpose flour, we can use coconut flour.
- Meat: Coconut Meat is used in cooking most Indian dishes. Especially in southern dishes for Breakfast Chutney. It works great as a topping for oatmeal or smoothie bowls.
Identically coconut is a versatile and nutrient-dense fruit that offers a range of health and beauty benefits. From its nutritious meat to its hydrating water and oil, you can incorporate coconut into your diet and daily routine. Adding coconut to your diet may help support immune function, heart health, blood sugar control, and skin and hair health. Evidently have understood the health & nutritional benefits of Coconut. To conclude, the next time you’re at an Online Indian grocery store, buy some coconut. From Buddy Basket, you can avail yourself of discounts for every season and add coconut to your daily routine.
Why Is Instant Rice Idli Good for Your Health?
The traditional idli is given a modern update with the instant rice idli mix.
You can take pleasure in simple and hassle-free cooking with this ready-to-cook bundle. This fast mix quickly produces incredibly soft and fluffy idlis using the highest quality ingredients.
An overview of instant rice idli mix : Buy from Buddy Basket store in Canada
Idli batter can be quickly and easily made using instant rice idli mix, a healthy powder that is widely available in all parts of Canada. Idli is a savory cake that is often consumed in south India. The Idlis are created by steaming a batter made of rice and fermented lentils that have been de-husked. The starches are broken down during the fermentation process so that the body can more easily digest them. It is a traditional South Indian dish that may be served for breakfast or dinner and is high in both protein and carbohydrates. All the necessary elements are present in the proper amounts in the instant idli mix. Simply add water in the proper amounts and thoroughly combine.
Reasons to love instant rice idli mix :
- Vegan and free from gluten.
- When time is of the essence, it can be made quickly.
- Quick to make batter but yet no compromise on the quality of Idlis.
- Ideal for novices.
- Till the very last mouthful, light and airy.
- Can be enjoyed as a snack in between meals or at breakfast, lunch, or supper.
- Is a godsend on hectic or unplanned mornings.
Idlis made of instant rice are ready in less than 30 minutes after mixing.
Beginners who wish to impress the gourmets in their family with these incredibly soft, fluffy Idlis that can be made in a flash should use this recipe.You will get it from any south asian store in Canada, like Buddy Basket’s online grocery store.
Idli Rice’s Health Advantages
- Low-calorie intake: A Suitable Option for Breakfast
Since idli are often steamed, fewer calories are consumed as well. If you’re worried about the amount of rice in it, you may certainly easily explore other recipes by adding vegetables and pulses to the dish to make it more nutrient-dense with traditional spices mixed in batter.
- A Good choice for healthy heart :
Idli is a great complement to a diet that promotes heart health because it is low in calories and fat. Peptides found in fermented foods, including idli, can lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It is a meal with anti-diabetic qualities that also contains antioxidants.
- Balanced amount of carbohydrates intake:
Instant Idli mix offers a well-balanced ratio of rice and lentils for protein and carbohydrates, making it easier to quickly put up a nutritious meal.
- Benefits for Digestion:
One of the best aspects of South Indian food is how easily it can be digested. The brewing process, which naturally facilitates digestion, contains the secret. By dissolving vitamins and minerals in the body, the process aids digestion.
From Buddy Basket, you can get different brands of instant rice idli mix
- Deep Idli Mix-200grm
- Nilamels Idli With Sambar 350 Gm
- Gits Rice Idli Mix 200g
- Melam Easy Idli Mix-1 Kg
- Elite Rice Idli Mix -1kg
- Aachi Rice Idli Mix 200g
- Double Horse Idli Mix 1kg
- Double Horse 1hr Idli Dosa Mix-1kg
Get everything from wheat rava to mustard oil online at a reasonable price at our south Indian grocery store. Shop online now !!!
Traditional pongal recipe (Rice & Lentil Dish)
Sweet Pongal is typically prepared as a prasadam in temples. This style of Pongal is prepared during the Sankranthi festival in Andhra Pradesh and the Pongal festival in Tamil Nadu. To make this dish in Canada you may find it difficult to get all the ingredients. But Buddy Basket canada grocery online store offers all South Indian items in one place from Indian spices to snacks , we have everything. The best south Indian desi grocery store all over Canada and its GTA areas.
Sweet Pongal – Quick and easy Recipe guide
A delicious South Indian holiday dish called Sweet Pongal is composed of rice, moong lentils, ghee, jaggery or sugar, cardamoms, and almonds. It is a traditional dish cooked primarily to be offered to the Gods during festivals and special occasions. In Telugu and Tamil, sweet Pongal is called Chakkara Pongal and Sakkarai Pongal, respectively. On the day of Makara Sankranthi & Pongal, the Indian harvest festival, this sweet dish is prepared in many traditional South Indian houses. It is said that these dishes have been made to symbolize and celebrate surplus and success following the harvest season.
The Sun God receives the prepared sweet pongal called naivedyam as part of the Gratitude ritual or puja. In South India, pongal recipes vary greatly according to the family traditions, customs, taste, and most crucially, the location where people live.
In this blog, we are going to share a recipe of this sweet dish to make your Pongal 2023 filled with sweetness and love.
- Preparation Time- 5 minutes
- Cooking Time- 20 minutes
- Total Time- 25 minutes
- Servings- 4 Servings
Ingredients for making Pongal Traditional Sweet Dish 2023
For pressure cooking:
For jaggery water:
- ¾ cup jaggery (gur)
- ¼ cup water
For frying dry fruits:
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- 10 whole cashew / kaju
- 2 tablespoons raisins / kishmish
- 1 clove / lavang
- ¼ cup water (to adjust consistency)
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder/elaichi powder
- Small piece of edible camphor / pacha karpooram
At Buddy Basket, india food and grocery store in Canada , you can get all of the above items.
Instructions for preparation of Sweet Pongal Dish
- First, combine 1/2 cup rice and 1/4 cup moong dal in a pressure cooker (both soaked for 15 minutes).
- 2¼ cups of water should be added. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Take care of the fact that the rice and dal are fully cooked, not left half raw.
- Add 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup jaggery to a pan.
- Stir continuously until all of the jaggeries have melted.
- Filter the cooked rice-dal mixture after adding the jaggery water.
- If necessary, add additional water up to 1/4 cup to adjust consistency.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the jaggery and rice-dal combination are fully combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ghee and stir thoroughly until the sakkarai pongal becomes glossy.
- Now heat 2 teaspoons of ghee in a small kadai and cook 10 whole cashews, 2 tablespoons of raisins, and 1 clove.
- Fill the sweet pongal with fried cashews and kishmish.
- Also, include a little piece of edible camphor and 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Finally, the sakkarai pongal (sweet pongal) is ready to be offered to the goddess.
Hope you liked the recipes, we are offering all types of groceries like traditional spices, snacks, sweets, and much more.
Happy Pongal 2023 from Buddy Basket, Shop snacks online canada at the best prices with us !!!
Perfect Home-made Idli Sambar Recipe with South Indian Taste
Cooked veggies, spices, and herbs are so much healthier for balancing a good lifestyle. But aren’t bored eating them all day? To bring new twists and flavors to the boring mealtime you can blend these all ingredients into a single dish Idli Sambar recipe. South Indian cuisine is highly rich in proteins, vitamins, and carbohydrates. Also, it’s an amazing and supercilious treat to the guests as well, because it’s quick and simple. In this blog, we are going to discuss the whole Idli Sambar recipe ingredients you can easily get from a south indian grocery store online- BuddyBasket.
All about Idli Sambar Recipe:
Preparation, Ingredients, and Method
Steamed rice cake is an idli. Sambar is a vegetable curry made with a variety of vegetables and shallots. Also, idli sambar is just soft idli that has been dipped in hot, steaming sambar and lavishly topped with raw onions and coriander leaves. In Canada, you can get all south indian products online to make dishes quickly.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time :1 hour
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients for making South Indian Cuisine :
Sambar and its Tadka –
- 1/2 cup Toor dal / Arhar dal
- 1/8 cup moong dal
- 2 tsp oil
- 15 small onions chopped
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin chopped
- 2 small carrots cubed
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind/lemon
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Water as required
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt to taste as needed to immerse
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- a generous pinch hing
- a small sprig curry leaves
- 1 heaped tsp sambar powder
- Pinch of hing
Idli – 40 serves –
- 3.2 cup instant rice idli mix
- 1.6 cup curd
- water (as required)
You can shop all these ingredients and south Indian groceries online on Buddy Basket.
Preparation Instruction for Sambar Idli:
Instructions for making Sambar
- Take 1/8 cup moong dal and 1/2 cup toor/arhar dal. Rinse it thoroughly.
- Now, add 2 cups of water, 1/8 teaspoon of oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder to the cooker. Cook under pressure for 5 to 6 whistles, or until tender. Wait for the pressure to realize itself.
- Open it up and thoroughly mash it with a ladle. Place aside.
- Add two tablespoons of tamarind to a bowl and soak in about half a cup of warm water. Give it a rough crush and leave it alone for 15 minutes.
- After that crush thoroughly to extract the pulp after 15 minutes. ready tamarind extract.
Note: You can add lemon juice instead of this tamarind juice.
- Now add 1 large tomato, 1 long green chilli, 10-15 tiny onions, and 1/2 cup pumpkin to a pot that has been heated with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Also, add 2 tbsp of sambar powder.
- Saute until tomatoes are soft, perhaps a few minutes.
- Mix in the cooked, mashed dal.
- Add 1 cup of water to the cooker after rinsing it. It has been thoroughly combined.
- Also, the vegetables should be cooked for 10 to 12 minutes with a covering lid.
- Check if a fork or spoon easily passes through the vegetables and is cooked properly. If not, it needs to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add tamarind extract after straining or lemon juice.
- Put 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder in.
- Sambar should boil after thorough mixing. We can make the tadka in the meanwhile.
- After that, heat oil in a tadka pan. Stir in 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon of urad dal, a hefty pinch of hing, and a few curry leaves. Finally, stir in 1 heaping teaspoon of sambar powder before turning off the heat.
- Turn off right away so you don’t burn yourself. Now add this to sambar.
- Make sure keep boiling sambar for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves and 1 tsp of sugar before turning off the stove. Idli sambar is ready and hot.
Instructions for making Idli with Instant Idli mix
- Take 3.2 cups of the instant idli mix and put it in a bowl to make idlis.
- Add 1.6 cup curd and 1 cup water.
- Now, wait for 10 minutes. And till then grease the idli stands with oil.
- Make sure the batter has a smooth consistency by thoroughly mixing and whisking.
- Now add the idli batter to the oiled greased idli molds.
- Also, the idli should steam for 10 minutes or until done. Check by inserting a toothpick.
Enjoy your instant idli with chutney and sambar, healthy & nutritious. Moreover, to know the recipe for Coconut chutney/ Nariyal chutney you can check out our blog at https://buddybasket.ca/relish-the-taste-of-south-indian-food-recipes/.
Also, you can easily shop all products to save time because we have within 48 hours delivery in all over Canada with us.
Celebrate Gurpurab With Traditional Taste of Kada Prasad
Gurpurab always takes place on Kartik Purnima, the Hindu holiday that comes after Diwali for 15 days, a great Indian Festival for Sikhs. This year marks the 553 th birth anniversary of Guru Nank Dev on 8th November 2022. This occasion observes by people all over the world specially in Indian & Canada with Prabhat Pheri, who organizes Langar, a communal food that serves to all regardless of caste, creed, or religion. Guru Nanak Jayanti, also known as Gurpurab, honors the birth anniversary of the first Sikh Guru- Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the founder of Sikhism. It’s one of the most auspicious holidays for Sikhs.
To celebrate Gurpurab, Gurudwara chefs make festive foods like Chana dal, Kheer, Sheera, Jalebis, and others offers at the langar. To mark the day and spread joy, people also prepare mouthwatering treats at home, especially the Kada Prasad.
In the Sekhpura district of present-day Pakistan, at Rai Bhoi Ki Talwandi, close to Lahore, Guru Nanak was born on April 15, 1469. A Gurudwara was built in the city where he was born, which is now known as Nankana Sahib. It locates in the Punjab province of Pakistan. Sikhism was founded in the fifteenth century by Guru Nanak, who regards as a great spiritual figure. He started the Guru Granth Sahib and composed 974 hymns to complete it.
Guru Nanak Jayanti celebrations in Canada
One of the world’s largest Sikh immigrant populations is proudly based in Canada. Two days before Guru Nanak Jayanti, celebrations begin in Gurudwara. Akhand Path, a 48-hour non-stop recitation of the Guru Granth Sahib, is conducted. It is traditional to organize the Nagarkirtan parade the day before Guru Nanak’s birthday.
Five men, known as the Panj Pyare, who are carrying the Sikh triangular flag, Nishan Sahib, lead the march.During the parade, the holy Guru Grant Sahib positions in a palanquin.
Along with practicing their martial arts, people often play traditional musical instruments and sing hymns in groups. The jubilant parade moves past streets that embellishes with flowers and flags.
Ingredients & Recipe for making Kada Prasad
Rich desserts known as Kada Prasad or Atta ka Halwa serves to everyone who enters and prays at a Gurudwara and is made with Desi Ghee (clarified butter). Whole wheat flour is the main ingredient use to make prasad. Without exception, Kada Prasad is a holy food that serves at Gurudwaras. It represents that everyone is equal and is given out following Ardaas. Sikhism has a special prayer called Ardaas.Let’s have a look at ingredients for Kada Prasad you can shop online too :
Ingredients for Guru Nanak Jayanti for Kada Prasad
- Coarsely ground wheat flour (atta)- 1 cup
- Sugar/ jaggery sugar (your choice) – 1 cup
- Desi Ghee – 1 cup
- Water in the ratio of 1:1:1:2
- Cardamom Powder (optional )
- Nuts like Almonds, Cashews & Raisins (optional )
Method to make Kada Parsad :
- First, heat a pan with four cups of water (depending on the quantity you seek to make). One cup of ghee needs to be melted in a different pan.
- Then add coarse atta into the heated pan of ghee, and it cooks until it turns golden brown in the pan in which you are melting ghee. To prevent lumps, continually stir it and also maintain a low flame so that it can roast properly.
- Also, add some sugar or jaggery to the pan where you are boiling water. Don’t let the sugar burn, though.
- Whisk continuously until all of the water absorbs. When the wheat halwa completely cooks, ghee can be seen floating on top of it.
- Turn off the flame and Kada prasad/Karah Prashad is ready to serve now. Serve warm to enjoy flavors.
Serve the delicious Kada Prasad to the devotees after giving the prasad to the Guru once it is ready.
The recipe is very easy to make- If you want any ingredient that is missing, why wait ? Just click on Buddy Basket website and get food products at reasonable prices, We are giving the best online grocery delivery toronto. Shop Now and Make the yummy Kada parshad this Gurpurab.
Bring good luck this Dussehra with some special recipes
Dussehra is the biggest celebration for all Indians, as it marks the end of Navratri. It is a 9 days festival marking the victory of warrior goddess durga over Mahishasura. Moreover, it also celebrates Lord Rama’s victory over Ravanna. Even though there are many reasons why this occasion is celebrated, its significance never fades. It acts as a reminder that the forces of Dharma (good) will always overpower the forces of Adharma (evil). Vijayadashami, commonly known as the burn of Ravana Dummy, is celebrated to symbolize the win of good over evil. Know more about this celebration and how to celebrate Dussehra in 2022 by reading on.
What day will Dussehra be celebrated in 2022?
Dussehra and Vijaya Dashami are celebrated at the end of Navratri on the 10th day of Shukla Paksha in Ashvin (Ashwayuja) month. This day varies every year as it is based on the Hindu lunar calendar. Dussehra in 2022 will be on Wednesday, October 5. On the same day, the Bengali Vijay Dashami shall take place. Some Vijaya Dashami rituals include Shami Puja, Seema Avalanghan, and Aparajita Puja.
List of Special Dussehra recipes :
Food and festivals are the most joyous thing all enjoy, therefore no festival would be complete without some delicious handmade snacks:
- Dal Paratha and Kheer
To make Dussehra successful one must try Kheer and Dal Paratha in festive meals. In the morning prayers of Dussehra, dal paratha and rice kheer are represented to diety as signs of worship. It’s been said that eating the dal paratha and rice after bhog will bring good luck, wealth to the house, and good health for everyone. Prepared chana dal, carom seeds (Ajwain), and salt are used to make parathas.
- Mootichoor Laddoo
We all know how much Lord Hanuman adores laddoos. Motichoor laddoo is given to Lord Hanuman on Dussehra, and it’s said that consuming it is said to bring sweetness and happiness into one’s life.
- Sweet Dosa
A Sweet Dosa is a perfect Karnatakic dish, made on the day of Dussehra to bring good luck. This dish is also offered as prasad during Dussehra and is prepared with jaggery or sugar, coconut, rice flour, and wheat flour.
Paan is yet another dish enjoyed on Dussehra. Offering betel leaves to Lord Hanuman is thought to be lucky. Paan is reportedly a symbol of respect and affection that honors the “winning of good over bad.”
It is traditional to eat Dahi-cheeni before beginning a new activity-. It’s said that the practice is lucky. The custom is continued throughout the Dussehra celebration. According to historians, women in Orissa also bring cooked rice soaked in water and curd to Goddess Durga after which the rite of Ravana Dehan is carried out.
Eating rasgulla on Vijayadashami is seen as lucky for Bengalis. Rasgullas, which come in a variety of flavours, is a particular treat for both Dussehra and Navratri in the City of Joy. They are made with milk, chenna, and sugar.
- Jalebi and Fafda
On the day of Dussehra, people enjoy this well-known Gujarati food combination. According to legend, Lord Rama cherished a treat named Shashkuli, which is today known as Jalebi. He loved this treat so much that he consumed Jalebi to mark his triumph over Ravana. Fafda and jalebi are traditionally served together in Hindu scriptures because it’s thought that eating food made with gram flour (besan) at the end of a fast will bring good fortune.
What better way to celebrate Dussehra, a celebration of pleasure, happiness, and holidays, than with some gifts and delicious food and sweets that are uniquely yours? So to make your occasion extra special buy your favorite snacks and sweets from Buddybasket.
Relish the taste of South Indian food recipes
Are you munching on having some crispy and crunchy delights meal? Then try out some South Indian dishes like Sambar, Dosa & Nariyal chutney. You will experience a brilliant blend of South Indian flavors. To make them, hereby sharing a simple and easy-to-make recipe for south Indian cuisine. If you find difficulty in finding the ingredients in Canada for sambar, dosa, or chutney mentioned below then you can buy them online from Buddy Basket. It is a popular south asian grocery in Canada.
So, let’s start with all the ingredients needed for making Sambar, Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney.
Ingredients for Sambar, Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney
Below is mention ingredients required for Sambar , Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney making :
Prep & Cooking: 45 minutes
- 1 cup Toor dal/Arhar (split pigeon peas)
- 1 tablespoon(tbsp) Tamarind piece soaked (15-20 minutes) / Lemon juice
- 10 to 12 leaves Fresh curry leaves
- 3/4 teaspoons (tsp) Black Mustard seeds (kali sarso)
- 2 tbsp Sambar powder (quantity can be increased according to taste)
- ¼ tsp Hing
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 5 to 6 beans chopped
- ½ cup chopped pumpkin
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 7 to 8 Drumsticks ( fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup Coriander chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 ½ tsp Salt ( add according to your taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp Lal Mrich ( according to taste)
Coconut Chutney/ Nariyal Chutney
Prep & Cooking: 15 minutes
- ½ cup grated coconut (nariyal)
- 1 to 2 chopped green chilies
- 15 to 20 curry leaves
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal/ urad dal (roasted bengal gram)
- ½ inch chopped ginger
- 2 tsp oil or ghee (coconut oil or sunflower oil)
- salt as per your taste
- 7-8 pieces of ground nuts
- ¼ cup water or add as needed
For batter: Preparation takes 20 minutes
- 3 cup sona masuri rice
- ½ tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
- water (for soaking)
- 1 cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp toor dal
- 2 tbsp chana dal
For aloo bhaji : Preparation takes 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 dried red chilli
- few curry leaves
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 2 chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 potato (boiled & mashed)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
All of the above ingredients are a must for making this south indian cuisine. If you’re having difficulty finding all of the ingredients together at the groceries store. Then you can go for an online grocery delivery option.
Instructions for preparation for Sambar, Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney
Below is mention preparation instructions for Sambar , Masala Dosa & Coconut Chutney :
Method of preparation for Sambar
- Add rinsed toor dal with 3 cups of water. Then add ½ tsp turmeric and 1 tsp salt. Pressure cook it until 5 whistles blow at the medium-high flame, after that cook dal on medium-low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Once the dal is cooked open a lid and start mashing it.Keep aside.
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat it on medium flame. Add all the chopped veggies-carrot, tomato, beans, drumstick, pumpkin, and onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes. After that add 3 cups of water and stir it well. Cover with lid for about 2 minutes to get soggy mixture.
- After that add 2 tbsp sambar powder stir, then add 3-4 tbsp of soaked tamarind juice or lemon juice.
- Add the cooked dal into the mixture and stir all together on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- For tadka (tempering), take a small tempering pan- heat ghee. After that add 1tsp mustard seeds, 7-8 curry leaves, and pinch of hing. Stir it for a few seconds.
- Pour the tadka into the sambar while it is steaming on medium flame.
- After 10 minutes add chopped coriander for garnishing. Your hot sambar is now ready to be served.
Method of preparation for Coconut Chutney
- Start by taking a frying pan and adding 2 tsp oil to it. Then add 15-20 curry leaves. stir it for a few seconds until curry leaves are crisp. Keep this mixture aside to get it cool down.
- Now take a chutney grinder and add 1/2 cup of grated coconut, 1/4 cup roasted chana dal or urad dal, ground nuts 5-6 pieces, ½ inch chopped ginger, green chilies 1 or 2, and salt(according to taste) and the curry leaves oil mixture. Then Add ¼ cup of water and grind it well until you see a smooth chutney. Take a note to add less amount of water for a thicker consistency of the chutney.
- Serve the Hotel Style Coconut Chutney with plain dosa, idli, puttupodi, uttapam, and many more south indian dishes.
Note : Chutney will keep longer in a fridge for a few hours than it would in a hotter or warmer environment.
Method of preparation for Masala Dosa
For Dosa batter:
- Take a big bowl and add 3 cups of sona masuri rice, 1/2 tsp methi,1 cup of urad dal, 2 tbsp of toor dal, and chana dal. Rinse it well in water and soak for about 4 hours.
- After 4 hours drain all water and transfer it to the grinder or mixi. Add water as per the batter requirement and blend it well into a smooth paste.
- Keep aside for fermentation for about 8 hours in a warm place. You will see the batter will double its volume before. In Canada, the climate is cold so you can keep it in the oven.
- Once the formation process time is over, mix the batter gently. Then put a 1 tsp cup of salt into it and mix it well until combined.
- Masala dosa batter is ready to roast in a pan.
For Aloo Bhaji:
- First, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a big kadai and add 1 tsp mustard seeds till it splutters. After that add 1 tsp each of urad, chana, and red chilli, along with a few curry leaves and a pinch of hing. Stir it well.
- Now add grated ginger, 2 chilies, and onion to it. Saute well.
- After that sprinkle ¼ tsp turmeric and 1 tsp salt.Stir-fry well.
- Add 3 mashed potatoes and mix well with the spices. Add a little water to it and stir well for 1 minute.
- Now turn off the flame and add 2 tbsp of lemon juice & coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Aloo bhaji for masala dosa is ready. keep aside.
For Masala Dosa Roasting :
- Add a ladleful of batter to a hot Tawa to start.
- For making crispy dosa spread as thinly as you can.
- Then spread 1 tsp of butter/oil/ghee evenly around the dosa.
- Add 2 tbsp of the prepared aloo masala to the center.
- Keep roasting the dosa until it becomes crispy and golden.
- After that roll the dosa after scraping the sides.
- Finally, the masala dosa dish is prepared and can be served with sambar and coconut chutney.
Buddy Basket is a popular grocery store delivery that allows you to get your favorite Indian products at home. They are offering delivery everywhere in Canada like Brampton, Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario, Hamilton etc. We have more than 1000+ products like Sooji, Sambar powder, Easy idli mix, dosa mix etc. that will be happily delivered to your door !
Cake: Bring On the Christmas Festivities with Elite Cake
Christmas is among the most enthusiastically and lovingly celebrated festivals of the year by people around the globe with lots of love and enthusiasm. This festival is marked by the preparation of cakes in grand style, as Christmas cakes are the most popular thing on Christmas Eve.
Christmas is a time for celebration! Why not buy a cake from Elite Cake and share the joy with your family, friends and business partners? With several delicious cake flavours to choose from, any celebration will be all the more special with an Elite Cake that you can send using Buddy Basket.
Elite Jack fruit Cake
The jackfruit is a tropical fruit that has become increasingly popular in East Asian, Southeast Asian, and South Asian cuisines. The jackfruit tree is the world’s largest tree-borne fruit. Jackfruits are also considered to be one of the most nutritious fruits in the world. Jackfruit cakes are a favourite dessert option of many and this is a recipe for an Elite Jackfruit Cake.
Elite Dates Cake
If you have a sweet tooth and want to try something different, then Elite Dates Cake is for you. Every bite of the Elite Dates Cake is packed full of delightful surprises. Indulge yourself with a truly tempting dessert! These Egyptian Dates are baked in traditional Egyptian style to give them a soft, moist, and naturally sweet flavour. The slightly chewy texture of each bite comes accompanied by an enduring sweetness that makes this cake simply irresistible.
Elite Plum Surprise Cake
Each delicate slice of Elite Plum Surprise Cake is made out of delight and that’s what makes them a truly tempting dessert. This delectable delight makes for a truly tempting indulgence.
Elite Black Raisin Cake
Nothing but perfect chocolat-y decadence and sensational taste! Black Raisin Cake is rich, moist, and velvety in texture. It’s like no other cake. The black raisins give this cake a wonderful flavour of dried fruit unlike any other cake you’ve tried before.
Each of these cakes are made with only the highest quality ingredients, carefully chosen and infused with other flavours in order to be something so much more than a mere delicacy. Every bite of one of these tasty creations will delight your senses like no other! So head to Buddy Basket before they’re all gone… grab the perfect Christmas cake for you and the loved ones in your life!
Make delicious and healthy recipes with this nutritious food item
Millet has been cultivated for a long time throughout the world and is widely consumed in South Asia and Africa. Millet is the main ingredient in making bread, beer, cereal, upma, dosa, and other dishes. Millet is popular due to its various health benefits and the nutritional value that it delivers. Millet is available in various varieties such as finger (Ragi), pearl(Bajri), little, Kodo, Foxtail, barnyard, brown top, proso, and sorghum.
For your day-to-day requirement, you can easily order Manna Diabetic Atta, Manna Millets or Aachi sprouted Ragi Flour from reliable and reputed Indian grocery store online which is Buddy Basket.
Nutrition facts of Millet
Coming to the nutrition facts of millet, a quarter cup serving of dry millet consist of the following:
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 36 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sugar: Less than 1 gram
Apart from the above, millet is a storehouse of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Phosphorus, Potassium, Niacin, Calcium, and Iron.
Health Benefits of millets
As far as the health benefits of millets are concerned, it offers several benefits as detailed below:
Fights against free radicals.
Millet is considered to be rich in Niacin which is required for healthy skin and functions of the organs. Besides, it also consists of beta carotene that is a natural pigment which is antioxidant and acts as a precursor to Vitamin A. As such, it helps us in fighting with the free radicals along with maintaining healthy eyes.
Regulate Blood Sugar levels
When you order groceries online, remember not to miss the delicious and healthy millets, especially, if you have diabetes. Millets are low in carbohydrates and have low-glycemic index (GI). It takes a long time to digest millet as compared to wheat flour, therefore, it prevents blood sugar from spiking soon after eating and manage blood sugar levels.
Since millet is high in fiber, it is called as the ‘prebiotic’ that supports the good bacteria. It also reduces the chances of developing colon cancer.
Maintain a healthy heart
The presence of soluble fiber in the millet lowers the amount of ‘bad cholesterol’ and increases the ‘good cholesterol’. As such, consumption of millet, reduces the risk of developing heart diseases and keeps heart healthy.
How to cook millet?
If you wish to buy millet, place order at Indian grocery online store “Buddy Basket” where you can get Manna Diabetic Atta, Manna Millets or Aachi sprouted Ragi Flour. It can be cooked like quinoa, or you can made roti, dosa, uthappam etc. Apart from this, you can use it as a substitute in place of wheat bread. You can make several snacks out of it such as puffed millet.
Enjoy Lohri, Pongal and Makar Sankranti with Buddy Basket
Lohri, Pongal and Makar Sankranti celebrations come knocking this week and everything is set up to lift up the spirits of the young and adults. Lohri and Makar Sankranti are widely celebrated in North India, while Pongal is celebrated in Tamil Nadu and other parts of South India. These festivals mark the beginning of the harvest season.
Amidst the festivities and the pandemic, there is one big hassle that we face on a daily basis, which is to drive all the way to the supermarket or grocery stores to carry loads of weekly and monthly grocery items. But do not worry, because soon you will be able to get all the groceries from ‘Buddy Basket’.
Buddy Basket is an online grocery store that is all set to offer an entire range of grocery items that you require on a daily and monthly basis. you will get all the top brands under one roof. You will be able to buy cereals, pulses, spices, beverages, ready-to-eat food, organic food items, sweets, snacks, edible oils, refreshments, dry fruits, nuts, vegetables and much more.
When you will order grocery items from the Buddy Basket, you will save a lot of time that is otherwise spent commuting to the supermarket. The option of home delivery will not only save your time on commuting but will also save the money that you would otherwise spend on fuel. Moreover, you will not have to wait for the weekends or to take some time out from your busy schedule to go to the supermarket.
Buddy Basket will be accessible through a user-friendly website that will let you select all the grocery items that you require from various categories and brands. All you need to do is create your account and enter your details such as name, email id, phone number and address for delivery. Once you select any item of your choice, it will be moved to the ‘kart’. When the kart is filled with all the necessities, you will be able to pay either through an online mobile wallet, internet banking or credit/debit card. Alternatively, you may choose to pay after the delivery of the product through ‘Cash on delivery’ or ‘Card on delivery’.
Wondering about the hygiene and safety of the products?
Buddy Basket will definitely ensure that you get groceries delivered in a safe and secure manner, where every product shall be hygienically packed. Moreover, the delivery executive will visit at your address wearing a face mask, gloves and will follow the social distancing guidelines of staying ‘6 feet’. Also, the delivery executive will place the grocery items outside the door so you can choose to sanitize if you please.
Celebrate this Lohri, Pongal and Makar Sankranti with mouth-watering sweets, snacks or home-cooked delicacies! Soon Buddy Basket will take care of all your daily and monthly grocery requirements.
This Christmas Order Christmas Cakes online for your Loved Ones
When the aroma of baking cakes, cookies, doughnuts, wines and roasted turkeys fill in the air, you know it is Christmas. And the best part of this festival is to exchange Christmas gifts with young and adult family members, friends, relatives and loved ones. Before the arrival of Christmas, we all keep planning in advance about the gifts that we will present. However, when nothing strikes in mind, we end up gifting mouth-watering cakes. There are various varieties of cakes that are relished by everyone irrespective of the age group.
However, preparation of the batter and baking cakes is not everybody’s cup of tea. In fact, baking a cake requires a whole lot of ingredients that are used in a certain proportion to get the desired colour, taste and the ‘spongy’ softness. Either you have to be an expert in baking or make a trip to the nearby bakery to pre-order your choice of cakes. Does that sound like a havoc task?
Relax! Gone are the days when you used to rush to the bakery stores and give advance orders for baking your choices of cakes. Nowadays, things have been made convenient and easy, you can order groceries online through reliable and reputed Indian food store online. The benefits of online grocery delivery are countless. For instance, you need not commute to buy the ingredients or buy a cake. Time and money are saved, as you can simply order your favourite cakes with a ‘’few clicks’’ on your laptop or mobile phone. Besides, who wants to go out in the snow, when you can get everything delivered right at your doorsteps?
Which is the best Indian grocery online store for buying cakes in Canada?
You can buy cakes and all the other grocery items from the best Indian grocery online store – Buddy Basket, where you can check out some of the delicious and tempting cakes for your own use and for Christmas Gifts. Buy traditional Plum Cake made from raisins, prunes, currents etc. or check out sour and sweet Black Raisin Cake. And, if you or your loved ones prefer the authentic South Asian flavour, then Jack Fruit Cake is all you need to wrap up as a Christmas gift. Apart from cakes, you can select KFI gift packs that consist of nutritious nuts and dried fruits. In case, baking is your passion, you can order groceries online to get all the necessary ingredients to bake your own cakes like flour, eggs, vanilla extracts, brown sugar, dry fruits, nuts, baking powder and more.
Which cake will you gift to your loved ones when wishing MERRY CHRISTMAS!!