Canadian people are fond of Indian food which includes South Indian food at first. Sambar powder is a spice mix popular in India, particularly in the southern provinces. As the name implies, it’s used to prepare Sambar, a vegetable and lentil soup flavored with tamarind pulp and sambar powder. It’s served with rice or as a snack with dosa, idli, or vada.
Without sambar, a South Indian restaurant would be incomplete. Most eateries, big and small, in any part of South India, serve unlimited sambar at any time. To buy sambar powder you can search for south indian grocery stores near me and buy it from Buddy Basket. You can shop in any city of Canada such as Toronto, Ontario, Québec, Calgary, Alberta, etc.
Secret Ingredients in Sambar Powder
The following are some of the most prevalent ingredients :
It is a powerful and hot spice blend with a strong scent thanks to these ingredients. The level of spiciness in each combination, however, varies.
Why should you have a container of Sambar spice mixture in your pantry?
- Delicious dals and dry vegetable stir-fries or curries are made simple with sambar powder. If you enjoy South Indian cuisine, you’ll get what I’m talking about. If you’ve never had it before but enjoy trying new dishes at the dinner table, you’ll love this new addition to your repertoire for its vibrant flavors.
- It’s beneficial to your health. Spices, as you may know, are beneficial to your health, as are lentils. This spice mix adds two grams of protein and three grams of dietary fiber to your recipe per serving of roughly 1 ½ tablespoon. There’s no additional fat either.
- It will take you no more than 30 minutes to complete the dish. Sambar masala powder takes time to be made at home, so save you time and buy it from an indian store. You can easily shop it sitting at your home from indian grocery online like Buddy Basket.
Nutritional Value of 100g Sambar Powder
- Total Carbohydrates- 47.26gm
- Fiber- 15.2gm
- Iron- 4.69gm
- Sodium- 212.60gm
- Sugar- 00gm
- Cholesterol- 00gm
- Calcium- 333.33 gm
There are various brands available in sambar masala powder in 100g like Priya, Aachi, Eastern, Nirapara, Double Horse etc.
Storage of Sambar Masala Powder
- Sambar masala powder should be kept at room temperature in an airtight container away from direct sunlight.
- If you buy this powder in bulk, try not to open the main container every day.
- Set aside a tiny amount for daily use and refill as needed. This will help to keep the aroma fresher for longer.
- This powder has a 12-month shelf life, so make sure you use it up before then.
Sambhar is a South Indian delicacy best described as “wonderful health food.” A typical Sambhar has a variety of dals, vegetables, spices, and condiments that give the body all of the nutrients it requires. So, if you enjoy sambar and want to add it to your daily routine, go ahead and do so. If you want to shop in an online Canadian store, then Buddy Basket is your perfect south asian store. You can buy various products like rice idli mix, Millets, Sooji, Sona Masoori Rice, etc.sket