India celebrates Republic Day on 26 January of each year. The nation will celebrate its 74th republic day on Thursday 2023.
The historical significance of 26 January national holiday that honors the creation and adoption of the Indian Constitution in 1950 . People living in Canada celebrate the day with great enthusiasm and patriotism. To enjoy this great day there are several recipes you can make like Briyani, lassi, and cake. In this blog, I am going to share two amazing and easy recipes that are easy to make and loved by all tri-color Rava Dhokla and Biryani Recipes.
For preparation of both the recipes you can shop with us at Buddy Basket, grocery stores online in Canada.
Tri colour Dhokla Recipe for Indian republic day
- 1.5 cups of rava or suji semolina.
- 3/4 cup curd.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Each batter needs 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Half a cup of carrot puree.
- 1/2 cup of pureed coriander.
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai).
- Zeera (cumin) Seeds, 1/2 teaspoon.
- A few curries leaves.
- Slit green chilies
- Coconut, shredded: 1/2 teaspoon.
1. Prepare an idli or dhokla-like batter by combining semolina, curd, and salt with the necessary amount of water. Let the semolina soak for 15 minutes to fully puffed up.
2. Split the batter into three equally sized parts. One portion should be set aside for white. Combine the carrot puree for the orange color and the coriander puree for the shade of green in the other 2 batters.
3. To the green batter, add 1/4 tsp baking soda and stir just once or twice.
4. Spread greenish batter over the bottom of a pan after greasing it. This layer is steamed for five minutes over a medium flame in a prepared cooker with water.
5. Spread the white batter on top of the green batter after adding 1/4 teaspoon of soda. Cook it for a further 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add 1/4 tsp soda to the orange mixture and spread it over the white batter. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the batter isn’t sticky.
7. After the dhokla has completely cooled, cut it into the desired form.
8. To prepare the tempering, heat the oil in a skillet and sputter the mustard and cumin seeds. Add green chilli and curry leaves. On top of the dhokla, pour the tadka. Add a little coconut as a garnish.
Layered Tricolor Biryani Recipe for republic day 2023
- Basmati Rice in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- 4 tbsp yogurt.
- Sliced one huge onion.
- Salt as desired.
- 8-10 cashew nuts.
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- cooked and medium-sized shredded carrots.
- Small florets of cauliflower were sorted out and cooked in 1/4-inch of water.
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- 1/2 cup of whisked yoghurt.
- 1/4 of blanched green peas
- 2 green chilies, chopped; 2 cups, chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Grated coconut, tbsp.
- Step 1: Warm up one tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Onion, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and cloves should be added. Sauté till pink onion appears. For a minute, gently stir in the rice. Mix together four cups of water and salt.
- Step 2:Cook the rice until done in step two. Divide the rice into three equal parts after draining. Cashew Nuts are fried till golden in one tablespoon of heated oil in a nonstick skillet. Add one serving of rice, carrots, and turmeric powder; stir. Place aside.
- Step 3: Saute the cauliflower for two minutes in a tablespoon of heated oil. Gently combine yogurt, garam masala powder, and the second part of rice. Place aside. Heat the remaining oil in a different nonstick pan. Green peas should be briefly sautéed.
- Step 4:Add the third portion of rice together with the green chilies and coriander. Stir thoroughly and reserve. To assemble, stack the turmeric rice on top of the yogurt rice, followed by the green coriander rice. Serve hot with grated coconut as a garnish.
Enjoying a mildly zingy recipe can be your Republic Day treat with more recipes like this stay tune with Buddy Basket (best online grocery delivery)
Happy Republic Day!
January is a month of fun festivals and the start of the new year and winter season. In Canada, the Indian community awaits to celebrate their festivals with great enthusiasm. We all know that Indians are rich in diversities, different cultures, festivals, and traditions. But the amazing fact is that all around India, the same festival celebrates under several names. In the North and Punjab it is known as Lohri Celebration, in the South its pongal celebration and in Western regions its Makarsakranti. Also, in Gujarat, Uttarayan. It is the same festival overall and has the same connection with the “Harvest festival of farmers”.To make the festival more joyous, we will tell you about some common sweet dishes that you can buy from Buddy Basket to enjoy for Makar Sankranti & Lohri 2023 :
This dried coconut, peanuts, and dry-roasted sesame seeds Ladoos are made using jaggery as a sweetener. They are a great source of calcium, and if you consume enough of them this month, they will replenish your calcium levels. That is what I would refer to as God’s meal. Additionally, the Ladoos filled with nuts that will assist to strengthen your immunity; most people eat them with a warm glass of milk.To enjoy this special winter season recipe you can buy sesame seeds 24 Mantra Organic White Sesame 200g or Yogini Seeds from punjabi grocery store near you, Buddy Basket
A common Indian treat produce just for the winter name Gajakk. This chewy, dry treat is made by combining a lot of sugar, ghee, and dried fruit varieties with milk cream that has solidified. Gajak is a rich and delicious tempting dish that is typically enjoy eating on Lohri.
Another popular Makar Sankranti food is peanut chikki. People who celebrate Lohri or Pongal also like it. This delicious sweet dish made with jaggery powder, roast, slice peanuts, and ghee and is ideal to eat in the winter to keep warm.In our grocery online shopping store, you will get Jabson Peanut Chikki.
Carrot Halwa :
One of the most well-known halwa recipes is gajar halwa, which preparesusing grated carrots. The carrot halwa recipe provides a classic slow-cooked version that uses only carrots, milk, ghee, sugar, and a few dried fruits. We have Sagan Carrot Halwa and add a yummy licious sweet dish to your cart.
Gur wale chawal
This recipe for jaggery rice, known as gur wale chawal, is sweet and delicious. It is an amber-orange tint. You usually just have it plain. But it also tastes good when you mix some warm jaggery rice with a little milk and consume it. We at Buddy Basket have varieties of basmati rice from which you can make this recipe perfectly- Elite Matta Rice, Rettaikili Seeraga Samba Rice, Double Horse Jeerakasala Rice, Royal Darbar 1121 Steam Basmati Rice etc.
A common dessert made in the winter in Punjab or other parts of North India name pinni. For the Lohri festival, pinni dessert is typically made ahead of time and is dry in nature. Pinni prepares with desi ghee, wheat flour, jaggery, and almonds as delectable ingredients. As desired, people also add raisins.
Murmura Laddoo and Chikki
Who doesn’t enjoy drooling over sugar’s sweetness, especially around holidays? All of us do! Try these unique Lohri treats, murmure ke ladoo, to celebrate the holiday in its truest form. This low-calorie sweet treat, which prepares with puffed rice and jaggery, love by people all over the nation for its crispy and sweet combination. Give this wonderful wonder to your loved ones as a result. To make them Buddy Basket is offering Bansi Kolhapuri Murmura 400g and Yogini Jaggery cubes 908g.
All of the above food items completely mark the Makar Sankranti & Lohri. Buddy Basket is offering the perfect indian store near me services all over Canada, especially in GTA areas. Starting from papads to payasam mixes you can get all groceries at the best prices. Stay tuned for coming up blogs on how to do pongal celebration and popular pongal dishes.
Lohri, Pongal and Makar Sankranti celebrations come knocking this week and everything is set up to lift up the spirits of the young and adults. Lohri and Makar Sankranti are widely celebrated in North India, while Pongal is celebrated in Tamil Nadu and other parts of South India. These festivals mark the beginning of the harvest season.
Amidst the festivities and the pandemic, there is one big hassle that we face on a daily basis, which is to drive all the way to the supermarket or grocery stores to carry loads of weekly and monthly grocery items. But do not worry, because soon you will be able to get all the groceries from ‘Buddy Basket’.
Buddy Basket is an online grocery store that is all set to offer an entire range of grocery items that you require on a daily and monthly basis. you will get all the top brands under one roof. You will be able to buy cereals, pulses, spices, beverages, ready-to-eat food, organic food items, sweets, snacks, edible oils, refreshments, dry fruits, nuts, vegetables and much more.
When you will order grocery items from the Buddy Basket, you will save a lot of time that is otherwise spent commuting to the supermarket. The option of home delivery will not only save your time on commuting but will also save the money that you would otherwise spend on fuel. Moreover, you will not have to wait for the weekends or to take some time out from your busy schedule to go to the supermarket.
Buddy Basket will be accessible through a user-friendly website that will let you select all the grocery items that you require from various categories and brands. All you need to do is create your account and enter your details such as name, email id, phone number and address for delivery. Once you select any item of your choice, it will be moved to the ‘kart’. When the kart is filled with all the necessities, you will be able to pay either through an online mobile wallet, internet banking or credit/debit card. Alternatively, you may choose to pay after the delivery of the product through ‘Cash on delivery’ or ‘Card on delivery’.
Wondering about the hygiene and safety of the products?
Buddy Basket will definitely ensure that you get groceries delivered in a safe and secure manner, where every product shall be hygienically packed. Moreover, the delivery executive will visit at your address wearing a face mask, gloves and will follow the social distancing guidelines of staying ‘6 feet’. Also, the delivery executive will place the grocery items outside the door so you can choose to sanitize if you please.
Celebrate this Lohri, Pongal and Makar Sankranti with mouth-watering sweets, snacks or home-cooked delicacies! Soon Buddy Basket will take care of all your daily and monthly grocery requirements.