Are you a sweets lover and diabetic too? And also regrets never enjoying any sweet fully? Then it’s time to switch to natural sweeteners like Jaggery(Gur). Patients with diabetes frequently experience sweet cravings and try a variety of sweeteners.It is the greatest option to enjoy sweets guilt-free because it has countless advantages and contains no dangerous additives. Also, it is a standard ingredient in Indian traditional sweets because of its flavor and ayurvedic benefits. Moreover, it’s claimed to be rich in minerals including potassium, iron, and other elements. This sugar alternative is not only incredibly nutritive but also tasty.
After a meal, consuming jaggery helps digestion by triggering the body’s digestive enzymes. Your bowel movement will improve dramatically if you immediately consume jaggery and ghee after eating. If you are searching Jaggery Cubes online, then you can easily find it at Buddy Basket.
Learn Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam Recipe
A tasty and healthful dessert that you can indulge yourself in after a hearty dinner is the recipe for barnyard millet jaggery payasam. Powdered jaggery, crushed cardamom, boiled millet, and milk are all heated together to make the payasam. The ingredients used are very easy and quick to make as well. This is a perfect dessert for sweet lovers now you can eat it without regrets, tasty to please our taste buds.
Ingredients for healthy jaggery payasam recipe
- 1/2 cup Barnyard Millet, broken variety
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Palm Jaggery
- 3-4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
Preparation of Organic Jaggery sweet dish
- To start with making an appetizing sweet dish Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam Recipe, one first cooks the Barnyard millet in 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes with 5-6 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Till then take a saucepan and start heating milk on low flame. After 2 minutes add crushed elachi and jaggery sugar into the milk and keep boiling for 10 minutes.
- After that add cooked millet and mix well for 20 minutes to make thick and change into creamy Payasam.
- When you get a thick texture, turn off the flame.
- In a small skillet pan add 2 tbsp of ghee and when it heats add your favorite nuts to eat and toast them until they are brown at low flame.
- Refrigerate Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam for 2 hours at least to give it rich flavors.
- After that serve by dressing it with nuts.
100 grams of Palm Jaggery nutritional value contain:
- Fat-0.1 g
- Selenium-1.4 mcg
- Phosphorus-40.0 mg
- Energy-383 Kcal
- Saturated Fat-0g
To buy all the ingredients used in Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam in Canada, you can find the best Online Grocery store namely Buddy Basket. They are offering Aachi Barnyard Millet, Nanak Desi Ghee, Yogini Cardamom Powder, etc. There is a wide variety of brands for any sort of product. Even if you do Shop Jaggery Online you will find various brands like Yogini, 24 Mantra and Double Horse. Shop Now, Enjoy nutritional and divine desserts !!!
For Shopping guide of Jaggery visit our blog :
Various desserts, sweet dishes, etc. can be prepared using jaggery and coconut sugar instead of sugar. It requires the finest quality sugarcane or coconut to get the authentic taste and desired benefits. Here is our list of some of the best brands of jaggery that you can order from a reputed Indian grocery store online.
- Yogini Palm Jaggery (Karupatti):
Yogini Pure palm jaggery melts at room temperature if left uncovered in the air. It should be able to break by hand or by piercing a knife or fork and it should not be hard, by this ,you can get to know if the jaggery is pure or not.
- Yogini Palm Crystal (Panam Kalkandu):
Yogini palm crystal is made from the finest quality of sap present in the flower buds of coconut palm trees. It is a natural anti-oxidant to improve the body’s immunity and boosts the energy level of the body. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and popular as a substitute for brown and white sugar.
- Yogini Sugarcane Jaggery (Dark brown):
Yogini sugarcane jaggery is made from quality and fully matured pure sugarcane. It is natural, unrefined, and free of chemicals and preservatives. Yogini jaggery has high nutritive properties, it is low in the glycemic index and has a slow effect on blood sugar level.
- Yogini Coconut Sugar:
Yogini coconut sugar is made from the nectar of the coconut tree blossoms, the nectar is collected and processed hygienically without using any preservatives, unrefined and unbleached. It is a great substitute for white sugar as it has a low GI of 34-40.
- DH Jaggery (Golden Brown):
DH jaggery is 100% pure and is naturally processed by choosing high-quality sugarcane without using any chemicals to maintain the taste and keep intact its natural nutrition values. It is used in many dishes to enhance the taste of the dish and make it finger-licking.
- Aachi Jaggery Powder:
Aachi jaggery powder is produced from natural sugarcane free from adulteration, added flavor, and added sugar. It can be used as a substitute for honey and sugar and it adds nutrition value to your food and enhances the taste.
- KFI Brown Sugar:
KFI brown sugar also called (Barbados sugar) is chemical-free traditional sugar. It has a high molasses content, moist texture and licorice toffee taste. KFI brown sugar can be used to give deep flavor to confections like cakes, cookies, candies and it can also be used in savory dishes.
- 24 Mantra organic Jaggery Power: 24 Mantra Organic jaggery powder is made from sugarcane which produce without using any chemical in farms. This make it more healthy and full of natural nutrition.
Order Indian Groceries online and avail the benefits of Jaggery:
- It is a great source of minerals like folate, iron and magnesium.
- It is a great antioxidant.
- It helps in removing toxins from your body organs like lungs, intestine, respiratory tracts, stomach.
- It is a rich source of iron also to which is a component of hemoglobin.
Uses of Jaggery:
- It is a natural and real sweetener. You can replace sugar and add jaggery to your morning tea. It helps in aiding constipation and improves your digestion.
- Adding palm jaggery to a warm cup of tea or water helps in clearing the respiratory tracts.
- It has a very low glycemic index, hence it is advisable for diabetic patients to consume jaggery.
This can be purchased from any South Asian grocery store or you can also Buy Jaggery Online from online Grocery Store in Canada.