When hunger strikes and you don’t have time to cook or the energy to stand and prepare a meal, just add some boiling water and this upma is ready to eat. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have an instant Upma Mix that’s ready to eat. Rava upma mix is a must-have when traveling or camping during the summer.
Benefits of eating Instant Upma in breakfast
- Fiber-rich, dietary fiber-rich, and gluten-free breakfast.
- There are no preservatives in this product, and it is made entirely of Sooji.
- Iron, vitamins, minerals, and micro nutrients are fruitful.
- Beneficial to bone health, digestive health, and weight loss.
Ingredients present in Instant upma mix
- 2 and a half cups coarse Sooji or Rava
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 5-6 dried whole red chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 4 tablespoons Ground Nuts
- 4 tbsp desi ghee (or edible oils for a vegan option)
- Seasoning with salt to taste and other Powdered Spices like black pepper and red chilli
BuddyBasket is offering the best brands in Instant Upma mix like MTR Upma Mix , Gits Upma Mix, Elite Upma Mix, Priya Upma Mix, Aachi Upma Mix and MOM Ready to Eat Veggie Upma. Even if you want to make Upma at home , we have products like Red Chillies, Ground Nuts, Sooji, Rava and frozen vegetables. We have everything in stock !!!
Instructions to prepare Instant Upma on stove/gas
- Boil two cups of water for one cup of upma and stir in the instant upma mix.
- Cook for a minute after stirring. Serve right away.
- You can add ghee from above before serving to make it tastier. (optional)
Microwave Upma Preparation Instructions
1. In a microwave-safe dish (glass bowl covered with a lid), combine 1 cup instant upma mix and 2.5 cups water.
2. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. It varies from microwave to microwave(900 w is common. Upma is ready in an instant.
Nutrition amounts present in Instant upma mix
- Calories: 305kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
Making Instant Upma Mix: Tips and Variations
You can also make upma by combining this instant mix with water and adding vegetables.
- You can also roast Ground Nuts and Rava separately. Then add them to the tempering, or use pre-roasted rava from the store. It aids in time savings.
- This instant upma mix can be kept at room temperature for 2 weeks and in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
- You can easily store these in a ziplock bag and use them on a vacation/trip or while camping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is instant upma mix a healthy breakfast option?
If you want to lose weight quickly, upma should be your go-to breakfast. Instant upma mix includes fiber, vitamins, and nutritious fats. This product is low in cholesterol and calories, making it a nutritious meal that contributes to a well-balanced diet. Upma is made with Sooji/Rava and is high in iron.
Is Instant Upma Mix tasty?
The nutritional composition of these meals is a major source of concern. Unfortunately, most ready-to-eat meals are high in energy, saturated fats, and sodium, fiber full and micro-nutrients.
Related Blog Posts:
Red Chilli Powder is made from dried red chillies and is popularly used in Indian curries, Chinese and Thai dishes. It is used as a flavoring agent to add a tinge of heat and tang to curries, pickles, and other spicy dishes. It is also used as a condiment to add a burst of flavour to a meal.
Here is a blog on the different ways in which you can use red chilli powder.
its also known as Lal Mirch or Lal Mirchi or Lal Mirch or Mirchi Powder or Mirch Powder or Mirch is a spice powder made by grinding dried red chili peppers.
Chilli powder is commonly used in a wide variety of dishes and it is also used as a spice enhancer by many people who cannot handle the heat of fresh chillies.
Red Chilli Powder is one of the most essential powdered spices for spicy pickles, curries, etc. It is available in a number of forms such as whole, crushed, coarsely ground, and finely ground.
A wide variety of chilli powders are sold throughout the world, the most common being cayenne powder, chili powder, and paprika.
What are the Health Benefits of Red Chilli Powder?
it has a multitude of health benefits, and is a great addition to any food, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. It’s not just a spice, but a very powerful herb.
It is spicy but has a lot of health benefits. They are loaded with antioxidants, they help in boosting metabolism and they help in boosting the body’s immunity.
It has many medicinal properties that have been used for centuries in Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicinal practice.
Red chilli powder and its main ingredient capsaicin have antibacterial properties and are used to fight infections. It has been used for ages as a home remedy for toothaches and headaches. It also helps in reducing the severity and duration of colds.
Which are the different types of red chilli powder?
This is available in three different variants- one that is dry and hot, the other, sweet and spicy and the third, hot and sweet. Whichever variant you choose, this spicy powder is sure to add flavour and heat to your food.
You can also make your own red chilli powder at home. Make sure that you wash the red chillies before grinding them.
How to Buy Indian Masala Red Chilli Powder Online?
If you’re looking for some authentic Indian red chilli powder and other Indian groceries and spices, then look no further than Buddy Basket which sells the finest Indian brands from Chilli Powder to Turmeric Powder which are sourced from reputed manufacturers. If you are looking for Indian spices in Canada and are thinking of buying dried spices such as red chilli powder and other types of coriander powders, cumin seeds, ginger powder, fenugreek seeds, amchoor, or garam masala then visit www.buddybasket.ca to see all that we have to offer.