Recipe : Makki di Roti & Sarson da Saag
Sarson da saag te makki di roti is a traditional Punjabi dish filled with healthy & fresh vegetables. Very little white butter or jaggery is recommended.In the winter, everyone drools over this particular combo. Sarso is mustard, and saag is green and healthy in classic Punjabi cuisine.This recipe for piping-hot makki roti with a dab of butter or ghee is a mouthwatering treat in the winter. This healthful winter delicacy is made of a mixture of palak, bathua, and sarson that has been pressure cooked and seasoned with a variety of spices. This meal can be served with gud or jaggery as an addition. To improve flavor, increase the ghee. In Canada you can get organic vegetables online with Buddy Basket as winter freezing makes us lazy.
Ingredients need for Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti Preparation :
To do grocery online shopping for Sarson da saag te makki di roti you must add the below products to the cart :
- 750 gms Sarson saag
- 250 gms Palak saag
- 250 gms Bathua saag
- 2 cups Water with a little salt
- 1 1/2 cup Makki atta
- 4 Green chillies
- 25 gms Ginger
- 2 Onions
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 100 gms Ghee
For Makki ki Roti:
- 1/2 kg Makki Atta
- Water (for kneading)
- Ghee (for frying)
If you are not in the mood to make makki roti dough, you have the choice to get frozen roti bread online from Buddy basket.
How to Make Sarson Ka Saag Aur Makki Ki Roti: Preparations Instructions
For Sarson ka saag :
- Cook the three saags in a pressure cooker with salt, water, and low heat for 1.5 hours.
- Saag should be squeezed out and the water set aside. Saag should be roughly ground in the cooker before adding Makki atta and stirring.
- Refill with saag water and a small amount of freshwater, then boil slowly.
- Cook the green chilies, ginger, and saag until it thickens.
- Add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the tadka along with the garam masala, and dhania, and cook until the onions are light brown.
- Add to saag and top with ginger grating that has been cooked in ghee.
Make makki di roti steps :
1. Add warm water to the Makki atta (maize flour).
2. Knead the Makki ka atta into a smooth dough;
3. Roll the roti out on an oil or baking paper surface.
4. After preheating a Tava, begin cooking the roti.
5. After it has cooked from one side, flip it.
6. If your kitchen does not have a gas burner, you can cook the roti on the Tava.
Serve it with white butter & lassi.
Tips for Sarso ka saag :
- To lessen the harshness of mustard leaves, always blanch them in hot water first.
- When making the saag, you might add little powdered jaggery to counteract the bitter flavors.
- To get the traditional flavors, use handmade unsalted white butter.
- A small turnip, carrot, or radish can be added to the saag to give it more flavor.
- Use spinach in place of bathua if you can’t get it for the saag.
Saag curry can be kept in the fridge for three to four days. The dough can also be worked and stored for 4-5 days in an airtight box.Buddy Basket is serving all GTA areas of Canada, they are well known for toronto grocery delivery service.