The modest grain of organic brown basmati rice comes in a wide range of lengths, shapes, textures, colors, and aromas. As a result, it’s no surprise that it’s a common cuisine in South Asian countries. Canada is one of the popular countries which prefers this rice. There are various indian Grocery store offering the Best Basmati Rice brand like Royal darbar, Tilda, Manna etc. Basmati rice is claiming the title of most popular. It’s prominent in meals like Biryani and Pilaf, and no rice-based cuisine would be complete without it. What is the difference between organic and normal basmati rice? Is organic brown rice higher in nutritional content or has additional health benefits? Let us explore
Health Benefits of organic brown basmati rice
Organic brown basmati rice has a variety of health benefits in addition to its excellent aroma and flavor profile. Here’s a basic overview:
Organic brown basmati rice can help you lose weight
Despite the fact that the scientific community is split on the function of rice in weight loss/gain, rice has a bad image. This rice, on the other hand, is an exception!
Basmati rice has a lot of amyloses, a starch that makes it non-sticky and fluffy.
It is classified as a “Mega Grain”
The germ, bran, and endosperm are all present in brown rice, making it a whole grain. As a result, eating brown rice on a daily basis can provide you with extra health benefits such as a lower risk for diabetes, cancer, heart problems, and premature mortality!
Good Heart Health
Whole grains, such as brown rice, have been related to a reduced risk of heart disease. Whole grains can help lower cholesterol levels in the blood. They additionally help to lower blood pressure, which is a risk factor for heart disease.
It contains a lot of fiber
Rice contains a lot of fiber. A high-fiber diet is recommended by doctors to lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and promote healthy bowel movements. Rice fiber adds bulk and aids in the passage of waste through the digestive system.
It is beneficial to diabetics
Rice is typically avoided by people with diabetes. Rice has a high glycemic index (GI), which can cause a rapid rise and fall in blood sugar levels. Rice has a low (GI). Diabetics patients can eat small amounts of this rice.
Nutritional value of organic brown basmati rice
The nutritional value of 45 g rice cup:
- Calcium-3.15 mg
- Iron-0.60 mg
- Potassium-103.05 mg
- Carbohydrate-34.00 g
- Fiber-1.98 g
- Net carbs-32.02 g
- Protein-4.00 g
- Cholesterol-0.00 mg
- Fat-1.498 g
- Saturated fatty acids-0.500 g
- Sugars-0.00 g
What Makes Organic Basmati Rice Preferable in Canada?
Purchasing something somewhat more expensive in a country like Canada, where the consumer is price sensitive, may not make sense. Organic food products are usually more expensive than their conventional counterparts. So, you must do Indian store grocery shopping to get maximum offers and discounts on products. They will always offer reasonable value to all types of Indian products like Nanak paneer, Rava, coconut milk powder, Ground Nuts, maida flour, etc. Buddy Basket is one of the best online south asian store in Canada which offers all these products at discounted prices. Shop Now !!!
Canadian people are fond of Indian food which includes South Indian food at first. Sambar powder is a spice mix popular in India, particularly in the southern provinces. As the name implies, it’s used to prepare Sambar, a vegetable and lentil soup flavored with tamarind pulp and sambar powder. It’s served with rice or as a snack with dosa, idli, or vada.
Without sambar, a South Indian restaurant would be incomplete. Most eateries, big and small, in any part of South India, serve unlimited sambar at any time. To buy sambar powder you can search for south indian grocery stores near me and buy it from Buddy Basket. You can shop in any city of Canada such as Toronto, Ontario, Québec, Calgary, Alberta, etc.
Secret Ingredients in Sambar Powder
The following are some of the most prevalent ingredients :
It is a powerful and hot spice blend with a strong scent thanks to these ingredients. The level of spiciness in each combination, however, varies.
Why should you have a container of Sambar spice mixture in your pantry?
- Delicious dals and dry vegetable stir-fries or curries are made simple with sambar powder. If you enjoy South Indian cuisine, you’ll get what I’m talking about. If you’ve never had it before but enjoy trying new dishes at the dinner table, you’ll love this new addition to your repertoire for its vibrant flavors.
- It’s beneficial to your health. Spices, as you may know, are beneficial to your health, as are lentils. This spice mix adds two grams of protein and three grams of dietary fiber to your recipe per serving of roughly 1 ½ tablespoon. There’s no additional fat either.
- It will take you no more than 30 minutes to complete the dish. Sambar masala powder takes time to be made at home, so save you time and buy it from an indian store. You can easily shop it sitting at your home from indian grocery online like Buddy Basket.
Nutritional Value of 100g Sambar Powder
- Total Carbohydrates- 47.26gm
- Fiber- 15.2gm
- Iron- 4.69gm
- Sodium- 212.60gm
- Sugar- 00gm
- Cholesterol- 00gm
- Calcium- 333.33 gm
There are various brands available in sambar masala powder in 100g like Priya, Aachi, Eastern, Nirapara, Double Horse etc.
Storage of Sambar Masala Powder
- Sambar masala powder should be kept at room temperature in an airtight container away from direct sunlight.
- If you buy this powder in bulk, try not to open the main container every day.
- Set aside a tiny amount for daily use and refill as needed. This will help to keep the aroma fresher for longer.
- This powder has a 12-month shelf life, so make sure you use it up before then.
Sambhar is a South Indian delicacy best described as “wonderful health food.” A typical Sambhar has a variety of dals, vegetables, spices, and condiments that give the body all of the nutrients it requires. So, if you enjoy sambar and want to add it to your daily routine, go ahead and do so. If you want to shop in an online Canadian store, then Buddy Basket is your perfect south asian store. You can buy various products like rice idli mix, Millets, Sooji, Sona Masoori Rice, etc.sket