Looking for an Online Indian Grocery store in Canada ?
Buddy Basket is the largest Indian grocery online store in Canada. We are ready to offer our customers the highest level of comfort and security. Also, you’ll adore the broad variety of food products Buddy Basket offers, that why its popular store to buy groceries online. So, here we are listing down favorites you should have in your Basket :
Atta and flours
You may find delicious flours at Buddy Basket that will add flavor to every meal you eat. You can make grocery online order from a wide range of Yogini Corn Flour 2lb, Elite Multigrain Atta, Robin Hood Flour All Purpose, etc. If you value your health, we strongly advise you to try our Deep Bajri Flour and Aachi Ragi Flour Roasted, which will both satiate your palate and keep you in good shape. Discover the world of flavor by visiting our Attas and flours!
Dals and Pulses
Our grocery store delivery is offering a wide variety of lentils in Canada. Pulses are an important part of a nutritional diet and are a staple diet in many households. You can shop for any type of lentils right from Yogini Brown Channa to Yogini Yellow Moong Split Dal as well as our in-house favorites such as Yogini Moth Beans, Global Choice Chick Peas, PTI Urad Whole and so much more.Also, with all Dals and Lentils you can serve refreshing Basmati rice, which includes healthy carbs that grow your energy.
Spices & Masalas
Indian Spices can make food finger licking. Also, all dishes in Indian Cuisine have a handful of spices that add flavors to the food. In Canada, you will get the best of brands in spices; Salt, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Ajwain Whole etc should always be kept handy. All spices support in strengthening the immune system.
Dry fruits and nuts
Healthy Snacking for a healthy mood. We understand you keep looking for tasty and healthy fruits and nuts in Canada. Also, we provide a wide choice of nuts and fruits so you can indulge guilt-free. Aachi Raisins, KFI Almond Natural, KFI Walnut Shelled, Aam Papad, and many more items that you require are some of our favorites that you can add to the cart.
Is it good to eat Jaggery or Sugar every day? Yes, Jaggery is advised to be consumed after meals daily. As it stops constipation and supports digestion by activating the digestive enzymes in our body. 24 Mantra Organic Jaggery Cubes, Double Horse Jaggery Powder, Double Horse Jaggery Ball, and many more items that you require are some of our favorites that you can add to the cart.
Snacks and Sweets
Come on over to the world of delicious treats that you require; once you become addicted to our selection of snacks and candies, there is no turning back. You only need to add the item to your cart in order to begin your exploration of the world of tasty & crispy snacks after it has been delivered to your home. Here are a few of our everyone’s favorites: Aachi Pani Puri Kit, Haldiram’s Bhakarwadi, Maniarrs Bhakhari Methi, Mr Puff Butter Khari, Nilamels Halwa etc. You can buy grocery online sitting at your comfort zone from Online Indian grocery store in Canada.
Whether you are looking for cheap groceries near me in Ontario, Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, etc Buddy Basket has you covered! We have food products from the North of India and South of India. Also, you do not have to venture all the way to India to indulge in the wonderful grocery products.We also have a WhatsApp Ordering delivery system. Where you can send us your grocery Indian grocery list. Also, we will supply all of your essential food products right to your house. So there’s no need to rush to the closest Indian grocery store.
Diabetic patients can also enjoy the sweetness of this jaggery recipe
Are you a sweets lover and diabetic too? And also regrets never enjoying any sweet fully? Then it’s time to switch to natural sweeteners like Jaggery(Gur). Patients with diabetes frequently experience sweet cravings and try a variety of sweeteners.It is the greatest option to enjoy sweets guilt-free because it has countless advantages and contains no dangerous additives. Also, it is a standard ingredient in Indian traditional sweets because of its flavor and ayurvedic benefits. Moreover, it’s claimed to be rich in minerals including potassium, iron, and other elements. This sugar alternative is not only incredibly nutritive but also tasty.
After a meal, consuming jaggery helps digestion by triggering the body’s digestive enzymes. Your bowel movement will improve dramatically if you immediately consume jaggery and ghee after eating. If you are searching Jaggery Cubes online, then you can easily find it at Buddy Basket.
Learn Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam Recipe
A tasty and healthful dessert that you can indulge yourself in after a hearty dinner is the recipe for barnyard millet jaggery payasam. Powdered jaggery, crushed cardamom, boiled millet, and milk are all heated together to make the payasam. The ingredients used are very easy and quick to make as well. This is a perfect dessert for sweet lovers now you can eat it without regrets, tasty to please our taste buds.
Ingredients for healthy jaggery payasam recipe
- 1/2 cup Barnyard Millet, broken variety
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Palm Jaggery
- 3-4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
Preparation of Organic Jaggery sweet dish
- To start with making an appetizing sweet dish Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam Recipe, one first cooks the Barnyard millet in 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes with 5-6 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Till then take a saucepan and start heating milk on low flame. After 2 minutes add crushed elachi and jaggery sugar into the milk and keep boiling for 10 minutes.
- After that add cooked millet and mix well for 20 minutes to make thick and change into creamy Payasam.
- When you get a thick texture, turn off the flame.
- In a small skillet pan add 2 tbsp of ghee and when it heats add your favorite nuts to eat and toast them until they are brown at low flame.
- Refrigerate Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam for 2 hours at least to give it rich flavors.
- After that serve by dressing it with nuts.
100 grams of Palm Jaggery nutritional value contain:
- Fat-0.1 g
- Selenium-1.4 mcg
- Phosphorus-40.0 mg
- Energy-383 Kcal
- Saturated Fat-0g
To buy all the ingredients used in Barnyard Millet Jaggery Payasam in Canada, you can find the best Online Grocery store namely Buddy Basket. They are offering Aachi Barnyard Millet, Nanak Desi Ghee, Yogini Cardamom Powder, etc. There is a wide variety of brands for any sort of product. Even if you do Shop Jaggery Online you will find various brands like Yogini, 24 Mantra and Double Horse. Shop Now, Enjoy nutritional and divine desserts !!!
For Shopping guide of Jaggery visit our blog :
Harvest time !!! Festivals are the celebration of the foundation of your life
2022 has begun with warm welcoming the season of the festival on 14th January 2022 as Pongal and Makar Sankranti. Both festivals share the same significance in different states. The harvest festival dedicated to the Sun God is held in the mid of January. The festival marks the essence of the end of the winter solstice and the beginning of the sun’s six-month-long journey. Celebrating both the cultural festivals one must know their significance, how to celebrate them and the special dishes of the day.
Pongal’s Significance :
The word ‘pong’ means ‘to flow over’ in Tamil. It is customary to boil milk and rice in an earthenware vessel until it overflows during Pongal. The day also marks the beginning of Uttarayan, which refers to the Sun’s habit of moving northward and is regarded exceedingly auspicious.
Devotees worship Lord Surya on Pongal, and people decorate and clean their homes. People also buy new utensils and attire, as well as participate in traditional dances.
Famous Pongal recipes :
1. Chakkara Pongal – A sweet Pongal version made with rock sugar or sugar candies. In Hindi, sugar candy is called “mishri.” Pongal can be made with ordinary sugar as well.
2. Ven Pongal -South Indian cuisine’s Aachi Ven Pongal is a popular dish. With a fantastic combination of coconut chutney, vada, and hot sambar, it makes an excellent breakfast.
Makar Sankranti’s Significance :
This day is religiously and culturally significant and is observed across the country. On this day, Lord Sun, according to the Puranas, first saw his son Shani (the swami of Makar Rashi). Lord Krishna extinguished the horror of Ashuras by burying their heads under the Mandara Parvata, according to another tradition related to this event (Mountain). This fortunate day represents the end of evil power and the start of a new period of peace.
Makar Sankranti food items :
1. Til Ke Ladoo – Sesame seeds, jaggery, peanuts, and desiccated coconut are used in this simple ladoo recipe. The jaggery syrup in this until ladoo recipe has been heated to a softball stage. As a result, the ladoo has a soft and chewy flavor. If you want you can also boil jaggery syrup till it gets the hardball stage to firm ladoos. Til ke Ladoo is also called Sesame ladoo.
2. Peanuts chikki/ Seasome chikki – This Makar Sankranti food item is a winter special treat of crisp peanut crumbly.
Festivals are a fantastic way to demonstrate pride in one’s background, culture, and customs. They’re meant to be shared with friends and family to celebrate significant events and feelings in our lives. So Celebrate Pongal & Makar Sankranti with a week full of mega offers.
Enjoy up discounts on beverages, seafood, spices, vegetables, oils, pulses, & a lot more only on Buddy Basket. Order Now: https://buddybasket.ca/
Best Brands of Jaggery and their Benefits
Various desserts, sweet dishes, etc. can be prepared using jaggery and coconut sugar instead of sugar. It requires the finest quality sugarcane or coconut to get the authentic taste and desired benefits. Here is our list of some of the best brands of jaggery that you can order from a reputed Indian grocery store online.
- Yogini Palm Jaggery (Karupatti):
Yogini Pure palm jaggery melts at room temperature if left uncovered in the air. It should be able to break by hand or by piercing a knife or fork and it should not be hard, by this ,you can get to know if the jaggery is pure or not.
- Yogini Palm Crystal (Panam Kalkandu):
Yogini palm crystal is made from the finest quality of sap present in the flower buds of coconut palm trees. It is a natural anti-oxidant to improve the body’s immunity and boosts the energy level of the body. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and popular as a substitute for brown and white sugar.
- Yogini Sugarcane Jaggery (Dark brown):
Yogini sugarcane jaggery is made from quality and fully matured pure sugarcane. It is natural, unrefined, and free of chemicals and preservatives. Yogini jaggery has high nutritive properties, it is low in the glycemic index and has a slow effect on blood sugar level.
- Yogini Coconut Sugar:
Yogini coconut sugar is made from the nectar of the coconut tree blossoms, the nectar is collected and processed hygienically without using any preservatives, unrefined and unbleached. It is a great substitute for white sugar as it has a low GI of 34-40.
- DH Jaggery (Golden Brown):
DH jaggery is 100% pure and is naturally processed by choosing high-quality sugarcane without using any chemicals to maintain the taste and keep intact its natural nutrition values. It is used in many dishes to enhance the taste of the dish and make it finger-licking.
- Aachi Jaggery Powder:
Aachi jaggery powder is produced from natural sugarcane free from adulteration, added flavor, and added sugar. It can be used as a substitute for honey and sugar and it adds nutrition value to your food and enhances the taste.
- KFI Brown Sugar:
KFI brown sugar also called (Barbados sugar) is chemical-free traditional sugar. It has a high molasses content, moist texture and licorice toffee taste. KFI brown sugar can be used to give deep flavor to confections like cakes, cookies, candies and it can also be used in savory dishes.
- 24 Mantra organic Jaggery Power: 24 Mantra Organic jaggery powder is made from sugarcane which produce without using any chemical in farms. This make it more healthy and full of natural nutrition.
Order Indian Groceries online and avail the benefits of Jaggery:
- It is a great source of minerals like folate, iron and magnesium.
- It is a great antioxidant.
- It helps in removing toxins from your body organs like lungs, intestine, respiratory tracts, stomach.
- It is a rich source of iron also to which is a component of hemoglobin.
Uses of Jaggery:
- It is a natural and real sweetener. You can replace sugar and add jaggery to your morning tea. It helps in aiding constipation and improves your digestion.
- Adding palm jaggery to a warm cup of tea or water helps in clearing the respiratory tracts.
- It has a very low glycemic index, hence it is advisable for diabetic patients to consume jaggery.
This can be purchased from any South Asian grocery store or you can also Buy Jaggery Online from online Grocery Store in Canada.