When hunger strikes and you don’t have time to cook or the energy to stand and prepare a meal, just add some boiling water and this upma is ready to eat. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have an instant Upma Mix that’s ready to eat. Rava upma mix is a must-have when traveling or camping during the summer.
Benefits of eating Instant Upma in breakfast
- Fiber-rich, dietary fiber-rich, and gluten-free breakfast.
- There are no preservatives in this product, and it is made entirely of Sooji.
- Iron, vitamins, minerals, and micro nutrients are fruitful.
- Beneficial to bone health, digestive health, and weight loss.
Ingredients present in Instant upma mix
- 2 and a half cups coarse Sooji or Rava
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 5-6 dried whole red chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- a pinch of asafetida
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 4 tablespoons Ground Nuts
- 4 tbsp desi ghee (or edible oils for a vegan option)
- Seasoning with salt to taste and other Powdered Spices like black pepper and red chilli
BuddyBasket is offering the best brands in Instant Upma mix like MTR Upma Mix , Gits Upma Mix, Elite Upma Mix, Priya Upma Mix, Aachi Upma Mix and MOM Ready to Eat Veggie Upma. Even if you want to make Upma at home , we have products like Red Chillies, Ground Nuts, Sooji, Rava and frozen vegetables. We have everything in stock !!!
Instructions to prepare Instant Upma on stove/gas
- Boil two cups of water for one cup of upma and stir in the instant upma mix.
- Cook for a minute after stirring. Serve right away.
- You can add ghee from above before serving to make it tastier. (optional)
Microwave Upma Preparation Instructions
1. In a microwave-safe dish (glass bowl covered with a lid), combine 1 cup instant upma mix and 2.5 cups water.
2. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. It varies from microwave to microwave(900 w is common. Upma is ready in an instant.
Nutrition amounts present in Instant upma mix
- Calories: 305kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 626mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
Making Instant Upma Mix: Tips and Variations
You can also make upma by combining this instant mix with water and adding vegetables.
- You can also roast Ground Nuts and Rava separately. Then add them to the tempering, or use pre-roasted rava from the store. It aids in time savings.
- This instant upma mix can be kept at room temperature for 2 weeks and in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
- You can easily store these in a ziplock bag and use them on a vacation/trip or while camping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is instant upma mix a healthy breakfast option?
If you want to lose weight quickly, upma should be your go-to breakfast. Instant upma mix includes fiber, vitamins, and nutritious fats. This product is low in cholesterol and calories, making it a nutritious meal that contributes to a well-balanced diet. Upma is made with Sooji/Rava and is high in iron.
Is Instant Upma Mix tasty?
The nutritional composition of these meals is a major source of concern. Unfortunately, most ready-to-eat meals are high in energy, saturated fats, and sodium, fiber full and micro-nutrients.
Related Blog Posts: